Wasp Spray

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Does anyone know if they sell "Wasp Spray" here in the D.R., and if so, where?

The ones that spray a stream 20-30 feet
t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

Reactions: mike l

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Yes I have seen it and even bought it but for the life of me i cannot remember (olds himers) if it was in la Serina or Ochoa.

Bob K

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Yes I have seen it and even bought it but for the life of me i cannot remember (olds himers) if it was in la Serina or Ochoa.

Bob K
I've looked in both. I've looked everywhere. No joy.

Besides wasps...and seems we have some building nests all over and I'm tired of the "spray and run" technique ...it is an excellent personal protection item: can shoot poison 20+ feet in a stream and can blind an attacker. Many personal protection trainers suggest having a can on your nightstand saying it's more effective than pepper spray because it shoots so much farther.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I've looked in both. I've looked everywhere. No joy.

Besides wasps...and seems we have some building nests all over and I'm tired of the "spray and run" technique .............
More like: Spray, Pray, Run And Yell!

Looks like I may need to resort to using my pump garden sprayer and load it with Baygon.

There?s enough nests by the bathroom window outside to start a business selling them! ;)

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
See it really is olds himers. My boss (its her birthday today) informed me we could not find it here and what we have she brought from the states on her last visit. So sorry I obviously do not know where to get the stuff here.

Bob K

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
More like: Spray, Pray, Run And Yell!

Looks like I may need to resort to using my pump garden sprayer and load it with Baygon.

There?s enough nests by the bathroom window outside to start a business selling them! ;)

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

Are they wasps or honey bees? For honey bees, you can find maybe an imker who is willing to relieve you from the nest.
If its wasps, I rely on a Dominican to get rid of them for me, they know best how to do it...although the first time, those guy's got it really wrong and I got a very angry hoovering nest back after half an hour around my bedroom window :bunny:

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
See it really is olds himers. My boss (its her birthday today) informed me we could not find it here and what we have she brought from the states on her last visit. So sorry I obviously do not know where to get the stuff here.

Bob K
(“old-timer’s disease” / “Alzheimer’s Disease”)

We will just blame it on you testing the spray while looking into the nozzle! ;) lol

Are they wasps or honey bees? For honey bees, you can find maybe an imker who is willing to relieve you from the nest.
If its wasps, I rely on a Dominican to get rid of them for me, they know best how to do it...although the first time, those guy's got it really wrong and I got a very angry hoovering nest back after half an hour around my bedroom window :bunny:

Wasps / Hornets - - - I usually just use a regular can of bug spray, but like the idea of the "Wasp Spray" with the 20-30 feet stream.....

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Wasps / Hornets - - - I usually just use a regular can of bug spray, but like the idea of the "Wasp Spray" with the 20-30 feet stream.....

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR[/QUOTE]

MUCH better idea lol

Jul 4, 2010
In Las Lomas de Azua we just throw a pan of boiling water to the hive. Wasp don't swarm like bees, so you can just run a distance away and they wont follow you. They won't return to the hive.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
In Las Lomas de Azua we just throw a pan of boiling water to the hive. Wasp don't swarm like bees, so you can just run a distance away and they wont follow you. They won't return to the hive.

I would take care with saying that. The hive which hang just under our bedroom window, the guy's took it with them and then released them some where in the field at some distance of our house.
It took only half an hour for us to hear them approaching and swarming around their destroyed hive, very angry.
After 3 hours they left eventually but I can assure you that it wasn't a pleasant noise to hear them coming back.

Jul 4, 2010
There could well be several specie of wasps. My campesino neighbors can differentiate between 'avispas bobas' that don't sting, and the more vicious kind. The same goes with bees. My caretaker Rafa, also would take a plastic bag and with bare hands place it over the hive, wrap the bag, and dispose of it far away.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I can testify that they do follow you ! got stung by six in one arm, they fly straight out at you- you need to carry a spray,tennis racket and wear a wetsuit with goggles

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
kill,kill.. shame.. shame

This is horrible. If you don't bother them, everything is ok. Mankind at it best
killing, killing other species. Not to worry when, we get hit with the BIG ONE, coming soon, then we'll know how it feels to destroy other lives..

Live and let live, but my children never learn and therefore, must pay the price.

Zeus (with tears in his eyes):(

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I got zapped in the foot while in the shower last year and man did that hurt. Every in the house laughed like hell. Yris said nobody had ever been stung in thee 15 years they lived in that house. I guess you could smoke them out.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
This is horrible. If you don't bother them, everything is ok. Mankind at it best
killing, killing other species. Not to worry when, we get hit with the BIG ONE, coming soon, then we'll know how it feels to destroy other lives..
Live and let live, but my children never learn and therefore, must pay the price.

When I lived in Phoenix we had a serious never ending Black Widow and scorpion problem. I would step, crush, crunch, mutilate, and spray every one of those little creatures with sheer delight.
I believe in do unto other (creatures) as they would do unto you, the only difference is I refused to bite them with my poisonous and deadly venom.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I got zapped in the foot while in the shower last year and man did that hurt. Every in the house laughed like hell. Yris said nobody had ever been stung in thee 15 years they lived in that house. I guess you could smoke them out.
At the feria in June, a colleague got us all some cafe con leche y azucar. I sipped some and a client came by, so I put it down.

The client left and my beverage had cooled. So I took a big swig.

Hmmm...what's that in my mouth kinda tickling??? OUCH!!! PTOOEY!!!

Son of a bit...there it was. A wasp. Without the stinger. That was still embedded in my tongue.

Folks, being stung on your tongue by a wasp is no fun at all...:surprised

ZEUS, I am sorry to tell you about the demise of one of nature's creatures. If he had been a cat, I'd have stomped him 8 more times...

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006

What is the BIG ONE that is coming soon?
On "Sanford and Son" it refers to a heart attack! ;)

Which ZEUS might get if he ever experienced life in Iraq or Afghanistan with his words of wisdom!

Now back to attacking the WASPs in my back yard!

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR