Overnight stay in Santiago

Chelleyyyyy

Apr 7, 2007
Hi all,
I'm planning an overnight stay in Santiago (Aloha Sol Hotel is where I've been looking at ... anything cheaper close by?)

Curious as to things that might be fun or interesting to see or do.
I've heard about the Monumento and Centro Leon but that's about it.

Cheap restaurants around?

Any advice would be lovely!

Thanks! :)

Roughly how far of a moto ride is it from Sosua? I'm hoping at most an hour and a half.

Last edited:
May 12, 2005
Hi all,
I'm planning an overnight stay in Santiago (Aloha Sol Hotel is where I've been looking at ... anything cheaper close by?)

Curious as to things that might be fun or interesting to see or do.
I've heard about the Monumento and Centro Leon but that's about it.

Cheap restaurants around?

Any advice would be lovely!

Thanks! :)

Roughly how far of a moto ride is it from Sosua? I'm hoping at most an hour and a half.

Well the aloha sol is right downtown and within walking distance of el monumento and all the bars/restaurants that surround it. Centro Leon is out on Febrero 27 going towards Tamboril. If you like history, you'll like it, and you will have to take a taxi to get there. Did yousay moto ride from Sosua? As in motoconcho? Sosua is around and hour and a half, maybe a little more by car and depending on which route you go.

Chelleyyyyy

Apr 7, 2007
no not motoconcho :)
it's my boyfriends birthday so we're going up there for the night.. he said 2hrs. but i was hoping he was over quoting lol he drives a moto but we're hoping to borrow his brothers suv.

how much would the taxi be to centro leon? im assuming it's not accessable by moto (and assuming we dont get the suv)

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
to Centro Leon you can take the A car. It is at the end of the route. 15 pesos per person.
You can catch the A at the corner where the hotel is going in that direction. Taxi will be like 150 pesos. Only benefit in a taxi is if you dont want to be crammed in a car and want to ride with AC.

Downtown cheap restaurants? Well by the Monument there is La Brasa and further down in the circle is Max Delicio on the south side of the monument. And then depending on the ambience you want. Andy Ranch next to Matum and there is another Ranch Steakhouse on Argentina. And there is el Tablon next to Wind Restaurant. Of course Kukara Macara and Montezuma(sucks). Marisco Centre and there is a sports themed place next door. Thats downtown. And there is Pizza Hut across the street from the hotel you picked. And another NO style place up the hill on Cuba. Ole and Provocon at Parque los Chachases. There is Quica Pollo and Pica Pollo across the street over there. There is a chinese food place on the other side of Carreras and Duarte and a Pizza Pala en the tiny strip mall there. A Taco Bell further down on Duarte, a Baskin RObbins by the Metra bus depot. Tony ROmas in Terra Mall.
I had a few more idea about cheap food but lot of the time I wouldnt eat that shet no matter how cheap it was. Some of these people let that food stew for 2-3 days waiting to sell it all. Nah, its dog food by the end of the 1st day.

And you wont ride a moto to Sosua because it s too dangerous AND you wont have enough power to climb those hills on the way.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Too far a ride and way too dangerous a trip!

I did it once by myself on a small Honda scooter, but that was back in the early 90?s.
Would never dream of doing it again.

Traffic was a lot less back in those days, suicide to try it now.

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Less expensive alternative: Hotel Jardines and even less expensive Hotel Colonial.
Take the bus (caribe Tours)
Taxis are 125 most places (and Centro Leon is most places).
The Monumento is an interesting place. The area around there get lively in the evenings.

There are inexpensive places to eat up there. The last place down on the right side facing away from the Monumento is by far the least expensive. And there is a good chicken place down next to Kucara Macara...on the side street.

Do not take a moto here...totally agree with Don...

HB

Chelleyyyyy

Apr 7, 2007
We'll definitely be getting the brothers car for the drive :) thanks for the advice!

Doesnt Hotel Jardines look beautiful :) I'm looking up some info about this hotel now..
It's hard to believe a room is only $50.. I just stayed in a crappy hotel here in Canada and it was $135 a night! Just ridiculous!