Is there a freedom of speach ethic on here?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Personally I don't believe in freedom of speech, I think everything has a time and place and some things and people should be shut up and locked up, but.............
Just wondering why the closed threads are not removed rather than closed as the majority that are closed tend to be entering hearsay area, lies, offensive banter or just rambling off into none dominican subject. If you close something down surely it is because it is useless to anyone seeking accurate info or advice, no? So why keep it if all it does if freak visitors out or give inaccurate advice?

None of my business, but I'd like to see the reasons!

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
people would get annoyed if whole threads started disappearing after they had taken the time to contribute

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
anastacio, I recommend that you direct your message to Robert, the forums benevolent dictator. He always says if you have questions about his actions re closing threads to take it up with him.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Some of the closed threads actually did attract beneficial and relevant information before swerving off the bridge.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Personally I don't believe in freedom of speech, I think everything has a time and place and some things and people should be shut up and locked up, but.............
Just wondering why the closed threads are not removed rather than closed as the majority that are closed tend to be entering hearsay area, lies, offensive banter or just rambling off into none dominican subject. If you close something down surely it is because it is useless to anyone seeking accurate info or advice, no? So why keep it if all it does if freak visitors out or give inaccurate advice?

None of my business, but I'd like to see the reasons!

DR1 is privately owned and funded, so no freedom of speech, you play by our rules.
You mess with a mod, good chance you will be erased. Simple!

DR1 is like any community, it has it's up's and downs.
Smart people, crazy people, in-between, wannabe's etc etc etc.

You take what you want from it and disregard the trash.

We offer a money back guarantee to those not satisfied :)