How to sell my property

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
If you don't need the cash, offer reasonable terms. 20% down, a reasonable interest rate, etc. I've sold two of my properties in the last two months using this method.

May 29, 2006
Try posting on Craigslist(caribbean) and also create a Facebook page for it. When I sold a property through Craigslist in the US, I linked the photos I wanted through tinypic. It loads faster and you are not limited by size that way.

I also used GoogleEarth to get an arial shot of the property, made a screen shot and then used a simple drawing program to show the approximate boundaries.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2vsn982.jpg

The ad also had Lat/long so people could locate it with GoogleEarth

Photos sell property.

AndyGriffith

Mar 11, 2010
JD,

Any anecdotals of how the RE market is slow in DR? What areas of DR are you looking at? SD, Santiago?

May 29, 2006
Do some searches on what is for sale. There markets are different depending on location and type of property you're selling. I like to keep track myself just to see how long some properties stay on the market and what the current rates are like. Just because someone is selling a property at say $200,000 doesn't mean it's worth that or even half of that, but if the owner isn't in a rush, what's the harm in trying to make big money?

AndyGriffith

Mar 11, 2010
Seems to me here in SD that a number of properties are just sitting on the market indefinitely with no buyers. Only the ones that are never listed on Super Casas and go thru private channels between family member and friends at below Super Casa pricing are transactions being completed. Of course, there is always the random expat paying the "market' price as advertised by RE agents.

Nov 27, 2002
www.compunorma.com
thx so much for your tips. My Property is at La Entrada Beach front and is the only one which has direct access to the La Entrada River Arollo Salado and has direct beach front. Anybody has an idea what the market prce per meter would be?

heron

Aug 27, 2010
hi Robert,..
nice link shared for selling property issue,..
its very useful one,..
also Dr1 is best choice,..

bayman

Jan 23, 2010
Hi Michael

Are you the same that used to work for ORSI, Blue Peter, C-MAR etc., on marine offshore contracts?

cabdoctor

Sep 13, 2010
I have a beach front property on the Cabarete main road, 1 mile down from the main beach. Does any one have any ideas how best to sell it, what real estate agent to use?

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
cabdoctor,
there's no real multiple listing service here, so you're better off having several realtors listing it. they'll all try to sell it & if one of them does, they'll take the full commission.

invest half a day & walk through town stopping at the various real estate offices. perhaps hit juan perdomo & any other realtor you're aware of in Sosua as well.

bayaguanaman

Oct 22, 2009
HI JD

By coincidence last night I got an e-mail from my old boss in Texas who is bidding the new build Embassy. His timeline for being on site is 12 months from now and a construction period of 20 months. They are soliciting bids from pre qualified contractors at present.

Hope this helps.