Building advice

G&C

Aug 28, 2010
Hi,

I am trying to locate an honest and knowledgeable real estate agent who has experience of the Rio San Juan area. We have owned a piece of land (1100 SqM) up there for some years and we are thinking about developing it either as a holiday let or preferably building something we can sell on and make a decent profit.

Any advice on what we should build would be welcome? What sort of budget would we need?

Your past experiences if you have attempted something like this yourself would also be great to hear so that we can perhaps avoid the same mistakes:)

Thanks in advance, G

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
Hi,

I am trying to locate an honest and knowledgeable real estate agent who has experience of the Rio San Juan area. We have owned a piece of land (1100 SqM) up there for some years and we are thinking about developing it either as a holiday let or preferably building something we can sell on and make a decent profit.

Any advice on what we should build would be welcome? What sort of budget would we need?

Your past experiences if you have attempted something like this yourself would also be great to hear so that we can perhaps avoid the same mistakes:)

Thanks in advance, G

I suggest you contact Sabine Mertes at Select Caribbean.com. She has a lot of knowledge of the area and her husband is an Architect too who's built a fair amount of properties in and around Rio San Juan.

If I'm not mistaken, Lindsey Kaufman also has good knowledge of the area.

Last edited:
May 29, 2006
You may want to list it as a potential partnership with a developer. Keep the equity on the land and have them build for you. You'd have to jump through some hoops and negotiate, but then they would come up with the capital and labor to build for you and they would have the experience in construction.