Look what might be coming, Earl!

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Two days ago..............

the US Hurricane Center had it tracking west right across Puerto Plata area........ It is updated every 3 hours on this site and it has been moving north of POP almost every update since..........

Hurricane EARL 8pm 8/29/10 Track

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
The track is north of us and it's a Cat 1 right now, but it looks like it has a lot of rain.

http://image.weather.com/looper/archive/caribsat_600x405/5L.jpg?1283114674520

if it would really have a tracking North we would not get e drop of rain of it not even here on the easternmost tip of Hispaniola wher I am right now myself,
actual winds do not feel like such, Ocean conditions do not look like such,
skies do not look like such.
so my simple opinion is that earl is in no way on any way North,
he moves WestNorthWest and will bring us a heck of Rain, Ocean will anyways stay messed up for a while on the East.
Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the US Hurricane Center had it tracking west right across Puerto Plata area........ It is updated every 3 hours on this site and it has been moving north of POP almost every update since..........

Hurricane EARL 8pm 8/29/10 Track

Yes,
CNN and other panic idiots should wtach such sites and get a bit of real info.
the National Hurricane Center is the Source to use for info,
CNN News is simply for the Nutheads who are watching something from far away,
sorrily very typical US american TV sensational upcomings,
keeps the poor folks off from thinking about the real problems in a country, clever Gubmint TV Series that CNN.

btw,
they should keep an serious watch on Earl,
he has the potential to make it to an Cat3 and even Cat4 without any doubt,
and there is actually no secure steering front present that could For Sure Keep it off the NE'ern US Coastline.
North Carolina and from there Northwards are for sure watching this Huge Storm very close, and they know why.

please keep CNN News and such brainless crap off this Board,
I would sure not wanna be neighbours to stupidity and sensational gathering crap like CNN clearly is.
Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
So this is looking more and more like most will see little more than a bit of rain then, am I right?
I've lost the will to live trying to follow all the online info of whats going on, someone just tell me to either buy some wellies or stock up on Presidente and board games.

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Maybe boots & umbrella for Earl, but some beers and board games for the coming weeks might not be a bad idea...

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Forgot to mention I'm in Santo Domingo, which isn't known for getting big hits as far as I know.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Get some wellies for sure. LMAO!!

Santo Domingo is dirty when the drainage system overflows - have you ever seen wellies in the D.R?

Stocking up on Presidente is a given.

Hurricanes are a great excuse to do whatever you like - skiving, drinking and generally messing around.

You get a kind of "Blitz Spirit" going on.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
have you ever seen wellies in the D.R?

Hurricanes are a great excuse to do whatever you like QUOTE]

Good point about the wellies, not popular on the streets of the city.:ermm:

As for the hurricane, sounds like my kind of weather, bring it on. Quite looking forward to a bit of drama!:bunny:

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Presies and Bordgames are basic utensilities even in the poorest dominican households.
if you don't have 'em by now,
you still live not here, lol
cheers on Brugal and Wine,
they are simply easier to stock and consume without freezing during ""Hurricane"" nights, ha ha
Mike

Chelleyyyyy

Apr 7, 2007
not knowing anything about weather in Dominican, what will the month of September October be like? How long does hurricane weather usually stick around for??

how angry do you think Earl will get??

Last edited:

Chelleyyyyy

Apr 7, 2007
thanks so much :) gives me hope of a little sunshine for my short visit in September!
is the humidity killer??

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
not knowing anything about weather in Dominican, what will the month of September October be like? How long does hurricane weather usually stick around for??

how angry do you think Earl will get??

Earl has not been any angry to Us in the DR,
in case of the East Coast we received at least a bit of water for the Gardens and Yes, my own sportfishing business came to a halt for at the end max 4 days, something that happens often during our rough wintertime in december/january and february, seldom during summer like now.
offshore bypassing Cyclones are not a prob, Rainloads are.
sometimes near bypassing Hurricanes bring a huge Rainload that floods Cities/Rivers/produces Mudslides, SomeTimes, but most deadly slides and flooding our Island does receive from so named vaguadas, windfree Rainloads standing over a wide area and Raining down on it for many long hours, sometimes days, such vaguadas can occur at any time of the year, there is no specific Season and mostly they are not known/predicted more than 24hrs before they are in full swing.
Hurricanes bring desaster Rains only every several years, real Hurricane Hits on the DR are very Rare, maybe a handfull since the 1930's.
Earl was not any of such,
he did not Hit
and he did not bring any dangerous Winds
and he did not bring dangerous Rains,
many areas of the Island did not get any Rain at all out of Earl.
he has his destin located elsewhere, in a few days we will know If and How Bad of a Boy he is.
in case of the DR he is not of any Concern.
happy Travels
Mike