Best Cellphone Service Provider?

Isabel2nycdr

Aug 5, 2008
I don't know if there's a thread for this, I looked around but didn't see any, so forgive it it's already been started. I'm moving down there in a couple of months, and I NEED to have a cellphone that's reliable. I have Verizon here in the states, and I love how fast the internet is, and I'm worried that I won't find anything similar in terms of speed. Can anyone recommend the best cellphone service provider? Also, I'm going to do it by contract, none of that adding-minutes-to-your-phone stuff, if that helps. I just want something with good coverage, fast, and not ridiculously overpriced. Anyone?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
A lot will depend upon where you are in DR. My advice is to ask neighbors in the area where you live - they will be able to tell you which carrier works best there. When we're there my husband and I have two different carriers, so if one has a lousy signal hopefully the other has a good one.

AE

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
the 2 best company are Claro and Orange. they both have coberture in the whole country.
I have Claro. and I am satistied with them. they sucks 2 years ago. but now their service is ok.
they still have the worst customer service, but I do everything thru intenrnet and have not problem.
their service and support for blackberry works fine. they have a different team for this area.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
We have both Claro and Orange. Depending on where you are sometimes one is better than the other. Mostly both are good, rarely both are poor.

I've always had Orange and rarely have had a problem.