RD500,000 in country investments is import

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
But these lawyers will tell you otherwise when taking on your application for residency. In country investments, savings in country or equiv.
Bad show from the lawyers Imo, and yes not mentioned either by everyones favourite legal eagle when requesting requirements.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
What does this have to do with residency?

Granted I am married to a Dominican women and did my residency myself but all I thought a lawyer had to do for a foreigner who is not married to a national was to act as the guarantor.

At any rate I have a good cheap lawyer in Tamboril who will do this for you if you can speak Spanish. Then again who knows maybe communicating with google translate would be sufficient.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Residency

My requirement was to have $5000US in the bank to support my application..... January 2008

WW

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
It sounds you are talking about a Foreign Investor "fast track" residency, or the new Pensioner/Retiree/Employee residency.

I don't believe standard residency has a bank savings or other monetary requirement....

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
what about this new requirement for a certification of good conduct... does this have to be translated by the consulate as well?

and for Europeans who applied, or, of course, for DR Guzman... I have a certified birthcertificate from the European Union in several languages, including Spanish... will this be accepted, or will it have to be translated by the consulate approved translator as well? (if approved, it would save me a trip to Belgium)