Check this out - Your bags are not safe

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
thought you all might like to see this video.

A word to the wise!

Well, here it is.. THIS is the way a bag is opened at the airport without your knowledge. Many people have had things missing from their baggage, even when they received them at the arrival port UNOPENED and UNTOUCHED!!! !!!

And this is why you should never put anything of value in your checked baggage!

How did the thief (at the airport) do it? IT'S EASY! Now think of this in your hotel room! How many of us lock things in our suitcases when we leave the room? Just watch this video once and you'll never do it again.

YouTube - Open Locked Luggage

Reactions: mike l

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I was taught that trick by a security guard at Punta Cana airport two months ago, after I lost my keys in Hig?ey. However, he did say this trick doesn't work with all zippers.

Sometimes the zipper on my pants gets stuck, gotta try this out when it happens again.

Reactions: Celt202

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Sometimes the zipper on my pants gets stuck, gotta try this out when it happens again.

If you're wearing kiddies trousers then maybe, usually only works on the more modern plastic zips. The old metal ones if popped won't close back up so they never bother opening them.

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
don't think it's worth the time to lock anything anymore...
everyone has a way to get in if they really want to bad enuf..:)

maybe a "paddy" lock would do :)

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Just wrap tape around the zip of your case, or use the cross over crunch straps with locks.