Basic Income to Sponsor Spouse - Re: Immigration Canada

shawna

Apr 25, 2007
Does anyone know what your gross income has to be to sponsor your spouse for permanant residency ??? I can't seem to find the proper amount on the web site

drgolfer

Aug 16, 2005
I did this a while ago

I think for just a wife it is about $16,000 U.S. dollars. It was a couple of years ago when I did it, and it involved wife, 2 kids, and 2 step children, so a bit higher, but thats what I recall.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I think the question is for Immigration Canada. It would be helpful if people specified for what country the question is for.

The answer is, there's no minimum requirement for the sponsor apparently.

shawna

Apr 25, 2007
thanks everyone im getting ready to send my papers for my husband from dominican coming to canada and we have a child together living with me

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
In the United States you must have an income at least 25% over the poverty limited as set by congress every year.

Hi Anna

If indeed this is a USA immigration issue you can direct your questions to Home :: amimm.net

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hi Chris nice to see you posting again. I'm sure you'll be a big help answering questions for immigrating to the US.

Welcome back

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Added Immigration Canada to the title so no more confusion.

Shawna,

There is no minimum requirement unless you live in Quebec.

You still need to include income verification and option-c printout from your taxes but you don't need to worry about what your income level is.

Hope that helps,
Sangria