Best RIU Hotel?

Cube_in_dr

Dec 8, 2009
www.Twitter.com
I just booked a 3 day & 2 night stay at RIU Mambo in Puerto Plata. I noticed there are three different resorts Mambo, Merengue, & Bachata. Ive never been to any RIU resort or hotel, however my gf says out of the 3 Mambo is the best. According to her it has more swimming pools, better food, and music. Just would like to hear your guys opinion or comment on RIU hotel en Puerto Plata not Punta Cana, thanks.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Bahia De Maimon

I just booked a 3 day & 2 night stay at RIU Mambo in Puerto Plata. I noticed there are three different resorts Mambo, Merengue, & Bachata. Ive never been to any RIU resort or hotel, however my gf says out of the 3 Mambo is the best. According to her it has more swimming pools, better food, and music. Just would like to hear your guys opinion or comment on RIU hotel en Puerto Plata not Punta Cana, thanks.

I stayed at the Mambo 3 times....for the price you can't beat it....you should be fine...I think the Bachata is a little more expensive, and the Merengue, and Mambo are right around the same....but as far as being the best???....(Mambo)....anyone????

Feb 7, 2007
Even though all three are same 5* category and clubhotels, Riu bachata is a little bit more upscale and a little bit better food. I find Riu Bachata pool much nicer. Beach is ROCKY in front of Bachaata but it has nice romantic feel'n'touch to it with a huge cliff with gazebo on top of it.