Popularity of Dominican Designers among DR1ers

Which Dominican designers you are familiar with?

• Total voters

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Which Dominican designers you are familiar with?

Multiple choices are allowed.

Please use the forum to expand on what you like or dislike about any particular designer, a particular dress/suit/etc. that really catches your fancy, etc.; in short, discuss and/or critique Dominican fashion and designers.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I just clicked on the ones whose designs I've seen. I like Jenny Polanco's stuff.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Puerto Plata designer Jesus Arias will be presenting Jesus by Jesus' resort line in Juana la Mo?ua. Se va de vacaciones! at 7:30pm on September 18th at Plaza Cariatides in Puerto Plata. The price of entrance is right...Free!

ao12kp.jpg

1zpm7gh.jpg

23uq2dh.jpg

2l92o0o.jpg

Looks like some fun & wearable designs!

Designers Facebook
Event Facebook

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Hey, I know one of the girls in the photos. One of the far left in the group shots.

If you ever want to meet a Dominican success story of working hard and doing well, she is text book. 24yrs, 5 languages, psychology degree, own business, own very nice house, new jeep etc. I know some of you on the board know her, she was with me on the Golf Day beer carts. Damn she looks different! jejeje

Mar 2, 2008
I think the ad is funny and creative. I'm sure the gray socks, the curlers, and the full-figured model were intentional, and the set was created to lighten the mood. Fashion doesn't have to be the same old, same old.

I have never heard of fashion designer Jesus before, but it appears that he has a sense of humor and a touch of innovation. Good for him.