So what is it really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Does anyone know for sure what the new large orange and white building is going up on the main road in Sosua. It is on the corner of the abandoned building and the road leading to the Golden Peak Gym. I have heard it was going to be a Janet's market, department store, ferreteria, office building etc.
Does any one know for sure.

Bob K

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Wow I guess I am not the only one in the dark. No one knows what this is. I do however like the idea of anotoher unfinished building accross the street from the other unfinished building. It would fit the local planning guide so well.

Bob K

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
you will be the first to know if I ever find out - first rumour was bus station, realised corners were a bit tight , second one crematorium, no chimney.
Latest rumour as you said was for janets to move in there along with other stores, an out of town shopping complex lol

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
I'm just moving to Cabarete in October but if I'm thinking of the same property (could be a different building entirely), I was told by a real estate broker that it will be a new supermarket. The real estate broker seems to know the people involved and said it will be slightly larger and slightly more upscale than the other two along the main road. He said it may be more comparable but maybe not as large as that large supermarket in Puerto Platta...La Sirena??? (name?)... So this is another one for the rumor mill... :)

Jan 17, 2009
I'll doubt that that will be a Janet's market. Janet's is building a much larger store with parking in its current location.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Ferreteria

I asked the maestro on site today and he said it will be a ferreteria, owned by folks from Gaspar Hernandez. Yep, another one it seems. Looks odd inside to be a ferreteria, for sure, but that's what he said.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
sosua is full of odd people, especially the council...

who puts up a sign as council to say they are building a community funeral home, for the better enjoyment of the community...:bunny:

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Tflea
Thanks for the info. Funny but the abandoned building on the same corner was supossed to be a ferreteria as well.

Bob K

Jan 17, 2009
Just heard someone said that Janet's owner has talked about opening a ferreteria. That would explain what BobK heard and the maestro on site said.

HS10

Feb 17, 2008
It is a mall, built by the family who owns Popetera in Gasper Hernandez, and will be populated mostly by their businesses.
I was told that Janet Supermarket owns the land next to the new mall (on the left if you are facing it).
Also the Huge Old Disco (on the other side of the little road)(it burned down about 10 years ago and is a shell of steel and concrete) was purchased by Metro Tours Bus to be their new Bus Station. They already have demolished about 1/2 of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.