Travel to Punta Cana 09.12.10

Chux300

Sep 11, 2010
We are travelling to Punta Cana on tomorrow. What will the weather be? what is there to do? We want to see the real DR! please respond ASAP.

Charlene

nicholas1

Sep 4, 2010
what to do in punta cana

Well my firend there is lots to do in Punta Cana, u can stay in ur resort but u will not get to know the real dr. Let me suggest u leave the resort, if u like night life there is alot of it! U might what to check out Mangu, that's a world famous disco, there is nothing out of the ordinary but it's always jumping, there is also imagine that's a little different because it's a number of discos in a cave, that's different. I would definetly recommend u take a tour or two. Isla Saona is very nice! check-out the directory in DR1 under tours and excursions "SEE MORE TOURISM" I've used that company before and I would recommend it anyone. hope this is of help.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Punta Cana is not the real DR, I'm the first to admit that and I live there. We needed a break from the real DR. ;)
If you can take a day trip to the capital, do it.

If you want to do your own explaining some nearish areas to Punta Cana include Boca de Yuma (fishing village) and San Rafael de Yuma (small town) which are over an hour's drive. The road towards Miches past Macao beach is also very scenic. The nearest city, Higuey is "the real DR" - at its noisy and chaotic best.

Chux300

Sep 11, 2010
How is the weather going to be this weekend thru Thursday? We definitely want to get away form the resort area. I heard its going to rain?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Check the updates in the Weather and Beyond Forum.

Even though September is the peak month in our hurricane season and there are a few storms in the area, we haven't had many days of prolonged rain recently. Lots of occasional heavy downpours but those last minutes and everything clears up and the sun is shining before you know it.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
we are on a rising Breeze tonight, still dry but also a good amount of Rain nearby over the channel.
if it will come down right here and at which location of PC tonight or tomorrow, nobody knows, on Monday we are wiser about the weekend's weather, lol.
I would not name Mangu a Wolrd's famous Club, in my Hometown they would starve to dead due good competition, lol, but good for a Night of "Dance it away and meet some Chics".
Saona Island is def not an activity to see any kinda Real Dominican Republic, it is a long Busride with plenty of Stops at Pushy Souvenir Shops to finally take a Boat Ride and Visit a Beach not better than most Resort Beaches in Punta cana are without a Busride.
if you are adventurous and used to travel a Latin American Country, take the Bus to Higuey and sweep around there, or take a Guided Tour to the Capital City Santo Domingo. there is from PC also a Guided Tour to Boca de Yuma available, done by a Canadian Resident and his English Tourguide here in PC, well informative and it shows a lot off the Punta Cana Resort Area.
Punta Cana itself has not much Typical Dominican to Explore for a Visitor.
which Resort You will visit Today?
have a great Time on the Isle
Mike

nicholas1

Sep 4, 2010
I have been going to Punta cana for along time and Talked to many people from all over and MAngu is known inmany countries so it is known world widw . In any event it's a point of interest that many tourist visit.
Isla saona as far as i'm concern is a part of the real DR. Granted there are different parts and different regions of the real DR. For example there is a very quaint little town called Mano Juan wre only 67 families live and have been doing so for many years. That is worth seeing. Now while it's true that "some tour operators" stop at a bunch of gift shops and in to get the tourist to spend money not all ! There are some very respectable and reliable "independent tour operators in PuntaCana. I would suggest u do ur research and find out for ur self if Isla Saona is worth visiting or not. Apparently thousands of tourist do and enjoy themselves very much.