Teacher needing to be hired for 2011-2012

Danoie67

Sep 12, 2010
I have a lot of experience and would be interested in someome hiring me to teach many subjects or I can send my info to you. DSkilins@gmail.com for immediate repsonse. Thanks so much. Daniel

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Check the DR1 classifieds from the Home Page - schools often advertise their openings there. Keep checking the ads each month, as they change.

AE

Reactions: jrhartley

mxcutie

Jan 12, 2010
Send out your CV

Hi...I am currently a teacher in the DR, and if you are looking to start teaching next year, just watch the websites for the schools starting in February or March...that is when I noticed schools start posting. You can also get in touch with schools now and let them know you are interested in positions for next year. You will probably have the most luck with the private schools (they usually pay better, and often hire international teachers). If you have any questions you can send me a PM.

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
You might want to use the following link to sign up for a recruiting fair. If you are only interested in teaching in the DR it might not be worth it but if you are just wanting to have a teaching experience overseas then it is well worth using ISS.

International Schools Services

We have been teaching overseas for 15 years now and we started off with a nine year stint in the DR. Good luck with your job search.

francineonly

Sep 26, 2010
Hi,

I am interested in moving permanently to the DR. I am a teacher for grades JK to 10 and have a teachable in math. I don't speak spanish. What is the best time of year to come to DR to pursue employment? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Send your resum? to bilingual schools towards the end of the school year. Check the "Private Schools" sticky thread in the Living Section for info and contact details.

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
Most of the *better* international and/or bilingual schools in the DR or around the world for that matter, do the majority of their hiring at job fairs during the months of January - March. So if you are interested in the 2011-2012 school year then I would suggest that you start signing up for job fairs now or directly contact the schools you are interested in no later than December. Do not give up if they do not have a position for you. People sometimes break contracts or have personal issues so jobs may come open unexpectedly.

* not really meaning quality of education only - but schools that are acredited through organizations in North America and offer competitive pay and benefits packages to "foreign hire" teachers that hold North American teaching certs as opposed to the pay and benefits packages that are offered to "local hire" teachers