Best way from Santiago Aiport to Laromana resorts

SALIME

Sep 14, 2010
What is the cheapest and more convenient way to go from Santiago Aiport to Dreams Resort in LaRomana?
I started to look into aiport transfer(one way) and I was quoted $280USD.
If anyone can provide any information(bus schedule, time and location) I would appreciate it.
My flights gets into Santiago at 1230pm

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
WOW! Seems you probably picked the airport for the airfare??? Well, let's see.
1) Luggage: If you don't have a lot of luggage you can probably go to La Romana by bus.
This would entail the following:Taxi to Santiago to Caribe Tour station on Maimon: Bus to Santo Domingo; Taxi to Parque Enriquillo bus station for bus to La Romana; Taxi in La Romana to your hotel.

OR : You could get a charter flight in Santiago to La Romana. Sorry, don't knowthe price.

OR": Send a PM to "Bachata" and ask him if he has a guy that can do this for less. It is a 3.5-4.5 hour trip...

OR: Change your flight to Santo Domingo or even, yes, La Romana...They do have an airport there...

HB

Last edited:
HB your estimate is without waiting time for buses, taxis, etc. It's a loooong way to Romana by bus/taxi combo. I don't know of any internal flights between STI and LRM...only to Punta Cana. I think your best choice is HB's option 1 above, I don't see it any other way.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Of course, that is sort of a given.
Actually there are flights anywhere. Mr. Brown is at STI airport and can fly you anywhere. And there are others. But I do not have precise info or costs.

I think that if you ask Bachata (JJ) he can find someone that can take you there cheaper than the price quoted, but, again, I do not know how much cheaper, as it is a loooong way away.

HB

SALIME

Sep 14, 2010
wow thank you for all the information.
I did not realize it was that far when I booked my ticket. I purchases through my airlines miles and STI was the only one opened with availability for the amount of miles I was looking for.
It looks like the best option right now is to secure a cheaper rate for an aiport transfer.
Does anyone know what charter airline Mr. Brown works for?

Or you can rent a car and drive yourself to La Romana, provided you are old enough to rent, know how to drive in the DR (it can be a bit crazy sometimes and you need to drive defensively most if not at all times). If your flight back from STI then it may be an option....driving time is about 4 hours.

SALIME

Sep 14, 2010
Thank God, I am flying back via Santo Domingo.
I could drive to Santiago. I am from Haiti so I know how drivers can be.. I just did not want to go through all that and I am not sure about one way rental.
I would look into that.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
The rate from Santiago airport to La Romana is RD $ 7000. = US $190. if book your transfer with a Taxi Company for local customers.
Even so I can get a better deal if I call some of my ex coworkers....

Salime I can see that you don't need this transfer anymore. I'll call my friend to let him know, is that he got happy when I said that probably I'll have a ride for him to La Romana.
Most of the Taxi drivers are starving with this kind economy.

JJ

salcedo2010

Aug 11, 2010
Or you can rent a car and drive yourself to La Romana, provided you are old enough to rent, know how to drive in the DR (it can be a bit crazy sometimes and you need to drive defensively most if not at all times). If your flight back from STI then it may be an option....driving time
is about 4 hours.
sorry for the question but how old you have to be to rent a car in DR?...im 21 and im planning to rent a car in January when i go down there....i was told by a friend that you could rent if you are 21 but for an extra small fee