direct flights from SD/santiago/POP to london?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
are there any scheduled flights from DR to london? well, not from PC, getting there from POP is a pain...

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
I am pretty sure that there are no direct flights (other than charters), although somebody may prove me wrong.

When I fly to London from SD, I take American Air to Maimi, then Virgin to London (Heathrow).

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
thanks, chiri, i shall look at the price but the drive to PUJ is so painfull...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Take it in stages - stay one night in SD and you're welcome and stay with us here in PC. That will make up for the ordeal. :D

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I think Thos Cook. Thomson fly to various UK cities from POP and once a week from Samana. All charter though. BA schedule from PUJ.

All schedule from Santo Domingo are via Paris, Madrid.

Matilda

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
wow, chiri, thanks for the offer :)
i was checking SDQ flight schedule and all i could see was madrid and paris. but i hoped it is outdated a bit... :(

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
wow, chiri, thanks for the offer :)
i was checking SDQ flight schedule and all i could see was madrid and paris. but i hoped it is outdated a bit... :(

Those are your options I am afraid to say with 99% certainty. Also as I previously posted, there is a route through the USA. Perhaps a Visa issue makes this route moot.

I fly to Europe every month, if you find any other options I would love to hear them.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
america no problem for miesposo but i do not have american visa.
i know that airberlin flies from puerto plata to germany - they stop in jamaica or cuba for a brief moment and then fly to dusseldorf or munich (exact ruta depends on the time of the week).
i may look into that as well...
i wish i could fly home once a month but i would probably end as a junkie: i take travel sickness pills by buckets just to survive the journey.