CONCEPCION de La Vega ( La vega)

vnazaire

Sep 4, 2010
Can somebody tell me how much it would be to rent on a Monthly basis a small one-bedroom apt ( estudio ) ? In Concepcion de La Vega ? Furnished or Unfurnished ?

I am told the city population is about 100 000 ; true ?

Thanks to all !

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
100K give or take, its still a small town. Not that interesting in my opinion but you can get a 1br in town for about 5000pesos. Unfurnished. I m guessing you have family there because I couldnt be there for more than 4 hours it was so noisy with all those motos all over the place.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
The population is a little bit more than a million in La Vega province but in the town with the same name "The capital" is about 300,000. human skeletons....

Yes, you can find an apartment for the amount of money pointed above.

JJ

vnazaire

Sep 4, 2010
Thanks for confirming my hunch of 100K for population.
No, I don't have family there , I'm just a single gringo looking for adventure and finding new locations to explore and stay for a while ( 3 months ).
What I like about Concepcion is being close to Santiago and Jarabacoa without the crowded scene of Santiago and the too small or high class of Jarabacoa .
How do I go about renting a one-bedroom apt unfurnished :local newspaper, window rental signs ?
Thanks for both your inputs.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
La Concepcion de la Vega...
La Hidalga ciudad de Santiago de los 30 caballeros...
Mao la ciudad de los bellos atardeceres...
Santo domingo de Guzman la ciudad primada de America...

Cada ciudad en RD tiene su propios adjetivos calificativos.

JJ

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Lucille:

What I like about Concepcion is being close to Santiago and Jarabacoa without the crowded scene of Santiago and the too small or high class of Jarabacoa .
I know most Dominican cities have longer official names but try going to a bus station and asking for departures to the following cities:

San Felipe
Santa Fe
San Fernando
Santa B?rbara
Salvale?n
Concepci?n
etc.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Chiri, I think I'd add San Jose to that list. I've never heard a Dominican say anything except Ocoa.

AE

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Chiri, I think I'd add San Jose to that list. I've never heard a Dominican say anything except Ocoa.

AE
San Jose De Ocoa
San Jose De las Matas
San Juan De la Maguana
San Fernando De Montecristy
San Pedro De Macoris
San Francisco de Macoris
Ext.
This is a religious influence as you can see that most of the name of DR province begin with the name of a catholic saint. But in the case of "Conception de la Vega" is only a qualitative adjective, that refer to La Virgen De las Mercedes, patrona de la fe cristiana concevida por los nativos de esta provincia.

JJ