motorbike rentals, taxi/bus from SDQ to Bayahibe?

Kanfoushkid

Sep 15, 2010
So I'm a newbie (as far as posting goes) to DR1, but believe me these forums have been a LIFE SAVER over the last two years. I've been going to the DR since '06 and am now happily committed to a wonderful Dominican man.

I posted this under 'South Coast' but maybe it belongs here?

So my man and I are planning a little getaway together in Bayahibe, hes from Barahona so we wanted to try somewhere new to both of us.

We're trying to figure out our transportation. We would like to keep it cheap and easy, so I was hoping for some tips. I fly into SDQ airport, he's meeting me and we are heading east, we don't need car for the whole week so renting it for a day seems silly -especially because the closest drop-off is La Romana airport.

Ideally we want to rent a motorbike for the whole week, get it in Las Americas and return it there when I fly out. Does anyone know if this is possible? The alternative is making it to Bayahibe via bus or taxi then renting the bike, but I check Caribe Tours and the buses dont run past San Pedro de Macoris.

ANY tips, contacts or suggestions would be much appreciated! Along with any tips on the region, the national park etc.

Thanks!! (for this post and for all the questions these boards have answered already haha)

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Have no idea about motorbike rental sorry!

If you want to go by bus, you need to catch the guagua under the flyover, so you will need to get a taxi for the short trip to there. Then bus to San Pedro, where you change to La Romana and then change again to Bayahibe. Around 2 hours probably.

Alternatively, there are always tour companies picking up people, and they may be going to Bayahibe, so if you see someone with a tour company sign, you could ask if there is room for you?

Matilda