Sean Penn Humanitarian Award

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I don't agree with a lot of Sean Penn's politics but when it comes to what he has done for Haiti I'm on board.

I met him in Haiti and seemed an engaging person; he even accepted a couple of glasses of Brugal and spent a little time talking with our group.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I don't agree with a lot of Sean Penn's politics but when it comes to what he has done for Haiti I'm on board.

I met him in Haiti and seemed an engaging person; he even accepted a couple of glasses of Brugal and spent a little time talking with our group.

Roger that.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I like his style.

He is actually there in the mud and the p!ss and is not worried about embarrassing people into action.

Good on him,

Although I do miss the golf course....

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I think this award is good for two reasons:

#1 - He deserves it.

#2 - It keeps Haiti in the news. People tend to forget, even a tragedy like that, when it's not in their face. :ermm: I'll bet they'll show some video of Haiti before they present the award, might make folks want to help more. [Good example is New Orleans, which is still a mess in places, but people think all is well when it's not in the news]

AE

Fleur de Santiago

Sep 20, 2010
Merci Msr. Penn - Haiti has been a mess for years, many many years. Unfortunately, it took an earthquake and all of the devastating loss to put her back in the international eye. Strangely enough, Sean Penn has taken the lead in actually making something happen. The NGO's have heen in Haiti for years and never done much, it has always been the grassroots movements that have made improvements. Cheers to Penn for leading the way, I hope that more follow in his footsteps.