Try the new French Onion Soup at Rocky's...WOW !

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
When 3 transformers blew up I was without electricity for 2 days so I checked in to Rocky's Restauraunt and Hotel in Sosua.

The ice cold air conditioning in the room was perfect for a great night's sleep.

Rocky's French Onion Soup is as fine as any 5* Restaurant .

The secret is the imported mozzarella cheese which they are also now using for all of their signature Pizzas

As always their breakfast was unbeatable for quality and price and I really enjoyed the breakfast potates that were not greasy but cooked al dente with the flavor of sauteed onions.

Wednesdays are movie nights and they had the big screen showing another great flick.

You just can't go wrong staying or dining at Rocky's in Sosua and I highly recommend anyone traveling to Sosua to enjoy all that they have to offer.

Good Food and Lodging at GREAT prices!

Reactions: Bronxboy

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I've had the onion soup and you are right, it's as good as any 5 star restaurant.
I've had pretty much everything on the menu and bang for buck it can't be beat....
Haven't been back in awhile and miss it mucho.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
When 3 transformers blew up I was without electricity for 2 days so I checked in to Rocky's Restauraunt and Hotel in Sosua.

The ice cold air conditioning in the room was perfect for a great night's sleep.

Rocky's French Onion Soup is as fine as any 5* Restaurant .

The secret is the imported mozzarella cheese which they are also now using for all of their signature Pizzas

As always their breakfast was unbeatable for quality and price and I really enjoyed the breakfast potates that were not greasy but cooked al dente with the flavor of sauteed onions.

Wednesdays are movie nights and they had the big screen showing another great flick.

You just can't go wrong staying or dining at Rocky's in Sosua and I highly recommend anyone traveling to Sosua to enjoy all that they have to offer.

Good Food and Lodging at GREAT prices!

Have they put you on the pay roll yet??? hehehe

Naptime

Jul 23, 2008
www.vitos.com
rick doesnt need to negotiate favors in exchange for rave reviews.

those come from honest to goodness satisfied customers.

now.. lets also not forget about the BLEU CHEESE BURGERS !!! which are also not yet on the menu, you have to ask for it .... made using ricks grandmothers bleu cheese recipe. simply AMAZING

and guess what.. he doesnt pay me either :)

Mar 2, 2008
Can't someone post a good review of an establishment without the tiresome aspersions?

And from a couple people who should definitely know better.

Rocky's French onion soup has been favorably mentioned several times in the past, and many people who actually live here have commented on how good it is. All one has to do is make a quick search of the tremendous archives on DR1 to find the fore-mentioned threads. ::)

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Can't someone post a good review of an establishment without the tiresome aspersions?

And from a couple people who should definitely know better.

Rocky's French onion soup has been favorably mentioned several times in the past, and many people who actually live here have commented on how good it is. All one has to do is make a quick search of the tremendous archives on DR1 to find the fore-mentioned threads. ::)

Quien orinado en su cornflakes David? :bunny: ...and it *did* sound more like an ad than a review... ;)

Mar 2, 2008
No cornflakes this morning, David, just up here in NH for my daughter's wedding and posting my thoughts.

As always, my point of view may or may not be valid, but I detected a slightly dismissive tone in those posts, so I commented on that.

However, I do think you must admit it wouldn't be the first time there has been negative comments made in response to positive reviews, particularly with regard to the restaurants of Sosua. Of course, those past posts might have push me toward a slightly defensive stance, but there you you have it.

Mar 2, 2008
Perhaps so, David.

I accept your interpretation, and I am sure both Robert or Chiri were posting in jest. However, I have witnessed some very spiteful comments masked with smiley faces, so it is not always such an easy call.

So, no offense Robert and Chiri. I was just checking. (In the context of "checking" as in the game of Hockey. :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.