Looking for apparthotel/appartment 1 month Santiago

georgig

Jul 25, 2010
Hi all,
I'm lookong for a clean, safe, desent apparthotel/1 bedroom appt. in Santiago for 1 month starting Oct 5th. Preferably close to HOMS hospital.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Georgig:

Dr1 listings has a weekly and monthly option apartment for rent in Santiago.

Apartahotel in Los Jardines Metropolitanos.

Alberto's Suites Apart Hotel
Ave. Estrella Sadhala 809-971-6515
809-971-6880

But places close to the HOMs are El Embrujo, Los Alamos , Villa Maria.

If you don't find a place close to the HOms the public transportation is not expensive.
Conchos=$15.00 pesos
Taxis= $120-150 pesos..

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Lucille: That is not the address for Alberto's Suites...
They are over by the Monument just off of Vicente Estrella #7. Tough to keep al the Estrellas straight!! JEJE

As for the place, I saw a post here that it has turned into a sort of Pig-stye! with drugs and undesireable people. I have not been there in ages so I cannot say one way or the other.

HB

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Lucille: That is not the address for Alberto's Suites...
They are over by the Monument just off of Vicente Estrella #7. Tough to keep al the Estrellas straight!! JEJE

As for the place, I saw a post here that it has turned into a sort of Pig-stye! with drugs and undesireable people. I have not been there in ages so I cannot say one way or the other.

HB

Thank you ...Luis
he he ...You are right... Too many Estrellas
Maybe you can find the phone number and address for the one in Los Jardines, I could't.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hotel Jardines: Ave Texas @ 10 Street, and I couldn't find the number either!! Will have to go over there and get it...

HB

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Alberto Suite is on Calle Santome #23 on the corner of Vicente Estrella around the corner from the Los Pinos Laundry Service. The number is 6515, the other number is not it.

And I have stayed there. It, in my opinion, is better than Hotel Colonial. Cheaper than Matum and more private than Aloha Sol. And closer to the Monument than Platino. I have never seen any drug type associates there, probably because you have to be buzzed into and out of the building by the front desk. And I remember that the PoliTur come by frequently.

I dont know who told you it was pig sty and drugged out. In my opinion, Colonial fits thats description more to a T. At Alberto Suites, The people who stay there are mostly Dominicans. I have the Managers name here somewhere if you want to arrange a long term stay. PM me and Tell her I told her to call you.I have NEVER seen another American there besides me. Most Americans stay in Aloha Sol while hanging out with there girlfriends...who are most conspicuous when they meet to eat in Pizza Hut.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Racer: It was here that I read something to that effect....I usually recommended it as an alternative place to stay.

HB

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Alberto Suite:
Its a nice place...some rooms have shtty refrigerators and odd showers but all in all, I thought it was nice. The most peculiar part, to me, was a couple of the women I brought there seemed to be incredibly unimpressed with the place, to the point of rolling their eyes and sucking their teeth, they really were expecting the Ritz-Carlton. I m assuming it was much less decorated than what a cabana would be. The peculiar part was that if you never been in a hotel room, how do you know what you like or not?

The top floors are where the larger rooms are with a living area separating the bedrooms. The lower floors are pretty much 1brs with a living area and functional kitchenette. All the rooms are piped for gas and a specific portion of them have AC, not all. But dont rely on that. I kept tripping the fuse panel when I would use the AC, there is continuity in one of the lines shared with the lavanderia downstairs, because I d only open the circuit in the mid afternoon.

They have cleaning women who dont mess with your stuff. Cultural difference: I think they waste too much water when they clean but it SMELLS and looks clean.
Price? I dont know, but you want a month right? Maybe like $600-800/month
Its safe, to me, there are low light cameras everywhere in the hallways and entrance. Not a fancy place but no place in Santiago is fancy besides Hodelpa. And even Hodelpa isnt worth what they charge, ALBEIT CLOSE TO HOMS.

Another option which you can look into, but I wouldnt bother are the many frequent cabanas that are within walking distance to HOMS. There are like a jillion of them on the way out of town. And you d be close to the hospital to get your cardio in in the morning.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
georgig if you'll be working at HOME hospipal Alberto Suite is the perfect place to stay as both locations are located on Ruta U Carros publicos...

It is safe, comfortable and clean..

JJ