best route from punta cana to salcedo??

salcedo2010

Aug 11, 2010
Hey, Im planning a trip to the Dominican Republic in January, Im planning to go to punta cana and stay at a resort for 4days and 3 nights,then i want to rent a car in punta cana and drive to Salcedo to visit my family. Can someone please tell me the fastest and best route to get to Salcedo?......around what time should i start driving to get to Salcedo before dark?......im planning to rent a gps but i dont trust the gps navigator too much.......can someone please help me?....thank you very much

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
YOu have to take the basic route, there are no shortcuts.
You got to La Romana, by way of Higuey. Then you go towards Santo Domingo by a nice highway, and just after the toll booth you take the new toll road to Nagua, turn left to San Frnacisco de Macoris, Tenares and Salcedo.

An Alternative route would be to go up the Duarte Highway towards Santiago, turn off towards San Francisco, then left to Tenares and Salcedo.

Kind of hard to get lost these day. There are even some signs with arrows..

HB

salcedo2010

Aug 11, 2010
thank you..do you know how long will the whole trip take assuming that i drive straight?.....also whats the best way to avoid traffic once i get to santo domingo

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dude, you do not go into Santo Domingo. Just after the toll booth near the airport entrance you will see signs on the right indicating Nagua, Samana => to the right....you peel off to the right and onto the superhighway...

As far as time,,,,,that's been debated but I am saying 5-6 hours at least. I've done Punta Cana Santiago in less than five but I was graced that day....

Plan on 6 hours so as not to feel hurried. The roads are pretty good....

HB