Conflicting weather reports!

Mercy_uk

Sep 27, 2010
Hi All! We will be visiting your beautiful island next week, staying in Punta Cana (v excited!) But, my goodness, can I get a decent weather report? So who better to ask than a local? It would seem that we are going to meet Matthew, Igor, Julia, Lisa and lots of others! Is it possible to confidently tell me not to fear :paranoid: I've looked at Mikes excellent reports but don't quite understand them :ermm:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Mercy, at present time there is nothing going on that would cause you any problem and nothing is presently in sight in the ocean. The source that everyone gets their information about tropical storms in this part of the world is here: National Hurricane Center

But keep in mind this is the hurricane season and weather conditions can and do change. But even if a storm does develop during your stay, chances of your resort being in the path of the storm are very slim. If worry about an accident on the highway going to the airport or flying to the DR doesn't keep you from coming, then worry about a possible storm shouldn't either.

Mercy_uk

Sep 27, 2010
Thank you so much, posters! I'll stop worrying about the weather and turn my paranoia to the mosquito!!! ;)

Mercy_uk

Sep 27, 2010
Just a footnote to my original post. Arrived back this morning from an amazing stay on your beautiful island. The weather was nothing like I had expected - it was hot and humid, occasional rain that did not last long, sun breaking through cloud giving me a good tan and warm, warm sea! Thanks to Mike Fisher and other weather reporters on this site.