China to become emerging market for DR

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Are these people on crack?

Tourism Minister Francisco Javier Garcia Fernandez says that China should become the next great emerging market for DR tourism. Garcia Fernandez will be heading a Dominican mission to the Shanghai World Fair this month. The Minister will make the most of the event to hold meetings with people with potential to facilitate an increase in Chinese tourists to the DR.

How long does it take to get here from China and how many other excellent destinations are in-between?

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Garcia Fernandez will be heading a Dominican mission to the Shanghai World Fair this month.

This is just another well planned VACATION paid for by the poor people of the D.R.
Another frivolous fruitless idea.......

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Are these people on crack?

Tourism Minister Francisco Javier Garcia Fernandez says that China should become the next great emerging market for DR tourism. Garcia Fernandez will be heading a Dominican mission to the Shanghai World Fair this month. The Minister will make the most of the event to hold meetings with people with potential to facilitate an increase in Chinese tourists to the DR.

How long does it take to get here from China and how many other excellent destinations are in-between?

There was a group of Chinese at the Ocean Blue resort in Punta Cana last weekend. Where they were from I have no clue.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I believe so, Robert. Of course Javier Garcia is one of the more corrupt members of Leo's court, so they will enjoy the trip....
What a joke!!

Of course, any Chinese that come here will meet up with relatives, get residence and then go to the United STates as quickly as possible. Or they will get Deputy Garcia Ramos to get them a Dominican Visa....

Probably thought to get a chance because visas for Chinese to visit any US vacation spot (Hawaii, DisneyLand, Las Vegas) are slim....but then the question arises, how will they get here from China????

Just another stupid idea from a very poor administration....like Leo and his gang in San Diego....

HB

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
This is just another well planned VACATION paid for by the poor people of the D.R.
Another frivolous fruitless idea.......

Maybe a Cabana owners get together? They run the Cabana business in Santo Domingo.

I have no doubt we will see isolated groups of Chinese here on vacation.
But with so many other closer countries and demographics to attract, you have to wonder what goes through their heads.

I'll be at World Travel Market in London in November, will be interesting to see if the official DR stand is promoting anything other than Punta Cana.

Maybe this year it will be sponsored by 什么他妈的笑话.
Have fun translating that in Google ;)

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I believe so, Robert. Of course Javier Garcia is one of the more corrupt members of Leo's court, so they will enjoy the trip....
What a joke!!

Of course, any Chinese that come here will meet up with relatives, get residence and then go to the United STates as quickly as possible. Or they will get Deputy Garcia Ramos to get them a Dominican Visa....

Probably thought to get a chance because visas for Chinese to visit any US vacation spot (Hawaii, DisneyLand, Las Vegas) are slim....but then the question arises, how will they get here from China????

Just another stupid idea from a very poor administration....like Leo and his gang in San Diego....

HB

The world's team of millionaires (with a net asset of or over $1 million) went up 17 percent to 10 million in 2009 putting China among countries with the fastest growth in wealth, according to the Merrill Lynch-Capgemini world wealth report released Tuesday. Then there are the 50 million chinese or so that are upper middle. The potential is huge, and it is also a world fair so would it not be appropriate to send some sort of small delegation. The vast majority of Chinese are poor but there is immense wealth there. There are numerous Chinese nationals that come to Canada as tourists.

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
maybe a cabana owners get together? They run the cabana business in santo domingo.

I have no doubt we will see isolated groups of chinese here on vacation.
But with so many other closer countries and demographics to attract, you have to wonder what goes through their heads.

I'll be at world travel market in london in november, will be interesting to see if the official dr stand is promoting anything other than punta cana.

Maybe this year it will be sponsored by 什么他妈的笑话.
Have fun translating that in google ;)

我喜歡你的幽默感。 ;)

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
我喜歡你的幽默感。= איזו בדיחה מזוינת.

B in Santiago

אני יודע כי המקור אומר מה בדיחה מזוינת. רק אמרתי שאני אוהב ההומור שלו. ;)

Major

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
אני יודע כי המקור אומר מה בדיחה מזוינת. רק אמרתי שאני אוהב ההומור שלו. ;)Major

זה כיף, אף אחד לא מבין
רוברט הוא הולך להתעצבן

B in Santiago

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Aw, come on! You you all know what he said 這是他娘的真相

So lay off, already!!!

The world is a village now..

HB (I agree Bob, but Vancouver is so much closer...and so is Australia, Phillippeans , Mexico...)

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
Would like to see the beach vendors try and get their heads around Chinese :chinese:

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I think this is great news..Maybe now we can finally get some good chinese food in Santiago:cheeky:

But on the negative side, PLEASE, no more of those chinese pico pollo places..

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I think this is great news..Maybe now we can finally get some good chinese food in Santiago

There is one excellent Chinese restaurant in Santiago now.
Been there several times and in previous posts has been mentioned several times.
Restaurant Superico 809-971-4848, 971-8866
On Calle Duarte, Santiago
It was recommended by Sky and it is great.....
even white linen tablecloths...

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I miss going to "El Dragon" near Claro?s main office.
It was really quiet there, usually we were just about the only customers.

I think this is great news..Maybe now we can finally get some good chinese food in Santiago:cheeky:

But on the negative side, PLEASE, no more of those chinese pico pollo places..

25zp3bk.gif

Right, I?m tired of those Pik a Pollo places also.

They keep playing the same tune over and over!

Reactions: waytogo

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006

Yum, Yum!

f2o36a.gif

Arrived in Tampa on Sunday from Santiago and we went to a Chinese Buffet.

There must have been a convention near by, most everyone was speaking English. :chinese: lol

(I kept forgetting I was back in the States, and called to the waitress in Spanish)

D in Tampa, aka D in Santiago

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Probably as long as it takes to go from much of the U.S. to Phuket, with an equal amount of excellent destinations in-between.

And yet... Phuket has American tourists. :cheeky:

This could work. I wouldn't be surprised if Mrs. Ng inspired this idea, which could be good business for the Barrio Chino (could become a must-see for the Chinese tourists).

Also, the DR has the largest Chinese community in the Caribbean and Central American region; and that could spark interest from some of the 300 million Chinese that form the mushrooming middle class.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Apparently the Chinese were quite fond of JL Guerras singing - after all who isn't after hearing merengue for the first time? I know I was after my first trip to the DR.