The Meaning of All-Inclusive

DRBounce

Sep 23, 2010
I am historically and hysterically poor. So...I want to make sure what all-inclusive means. According to a quick Google Search, Paradisus Punta Cana is the #1 spot in the whole DR. The little paragraph mentions that it has 10 restaurants on offer. Would I, as a person there on an all-inclusive dealy, be able to eat at any of these restaurants for "free" (meaning after I pay for the hotel, no more costs will be charged to me).

Also, is the price advertised per person or per room? Thanks.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Generally speaking A/I means drinks and food are free. What exactly is on offer will vary from hotel to hotel but you are correct, once there you do not need any more money to enjoy the vacation. Obviously trips are an extra cost, if you drink brand spirits then they can be extra, local stuff is free though.
Prices are usually per person, well, always in my experience but I'm sure there are exceptions.

I don't know this hotel but A/I is pretty much the same everywhere.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
I am historically and hysterically poor. So...I want to make sure what all-inclusive means. According to a quick Google Search, Paradisus Punta Cana is the #1 spot in the whole DR. The little paragraph mentions that it has 10 restaurants on offer. Would I, as a person there on an all-inclusive dealy, be able to eat at any of these restaurants for "free" (meaning after I pay for the hotel, no more costs will be charged to me).

All Inclusive in most hotels in Punta Cana means that you drink and eat 24 hours for free.
When you book from any of the major agencies (bookit, apple, Travelocity, Orbitz, etc) they will tell you what is included in the AI. some hotels will charge extra for premium brand drinks, some not. some will charge extra in 1 of the restaurant, but this is an exception. and you still have another 7,8 or 10 restaurants to eat for free.
Good hotels like Majestic, Paradisus, Excellent, Moon Palace, and some others will not charge any extra for premiun drinks (black label, absolut, bayles, etc), or lobster and steak dinner, but most 3-4 stars resorts normally local drinks are included and charge extra for premium.
Agencies like bookit advertised their prices per person in a double room.
others like Orbitz advertized prices per room.
Paradisus is not the best hotel in punta cana.
Majestic elegance offer the same as Paradisus for half of the price.
but if you want to pay Paradisus price. I will go with Iberostar Grand or Moon Palace.

Reactions: waytogo

DRBounce

Sep 23, 2010
Its good to know your opinion concerning Paradisus. As I said, I'm just going based on what it said online in a Google search. I am poor, but looking to splurge once in my life though. I will be doing more research though.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Would the prices on that link be per person or per room? Thanks.

Most of these hotels have a website, just e-mail your questions to each one. If you don't know Spanish, Google English to Spanish and then email.
Most of the sites will explain in full how they charge....

B in Santiago

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
DRBounce,

What country do you live in?

There are lots of popular travel sites to find you the best price depending where you are.

If you want to read some reviews about the hotels try Reviews of Hotels, Flights and Vacation Rentals - TripAdvisor.

You don't have to book through them but you can read what people have to say about their recent trips....lots of people post their own pictures too.

Don't take them too seriously though as each person's standards and expectations are different....

DRBounce

Sep 23, 2010
I live in New York. I'm just aking my questions because I usually always travel VERY low-budget.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Would the prices on that link be per person or per room? Thanks.

These prices are almost universally listed as "per-person based on double occupancy". Whatever the price is, double it and that's what the price is.

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010

From shopping around online, you may also find that depending on the travel agency or site you book through, exactly what's included may vary. Some that say AI actually means "European plan" which only covers certain meals and others are truly all inclusive. Every palce I've stayed at has buffets and a la carte restaurants but you have make reservations in advance at the a la carte places.. For the drinks, most include domestic drinks and imported liquor is additional $. The same goes for the amenities offered etc. I'd suggest you check the hotel's website for what's offered and then shop around with the travel sites to see who offers the most bang for your buck.

Reese

Oct 5, 2010
The time of year you travel also can make a big difference in the price. If you are able to travel in the off-season you will find much cheaper rates as well.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You, ' newbees 'Are Making A Common Mistake

Alway check the date of the posts you are responding to.
At least you are only about 6 months late!
cris colon
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
[URL="http][/URL] Find last minute travel deals on luxury hotels & resorts. Book your last minute deals with live travel auctions.

Send me a coupon for an eight day stay with a "friend", and I'll get you lots of free advertising.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Paradisus Punta Cana is far from the #1 spot in Punta Cana, there are many newer and more lavish resorts in the area.

is "lavish" the overriding criterion for how good a hotel is? just asking, since my knowledge of the hospitality industry is very deficient

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
is "lavish" the overriding criterion for how good a hotel is? just asking, since my knowledge of the hospitality industry is very deficient

No, it's not the overriding criteria, but it can be a pretty accurate predictor. Not 100%, but fairly reliable.

Yes... I know it's an old thread, and I'm an idiot for jumping in ... but I'm really bored. :)