Importing Foriegn Fruit And Vegggies!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Several Supermarkets are now importing Driscoll's Strawberies / Black Berries and Blueberies so Why can't they send us some Yellow Lemons ?

We need yellow lemons....SOS...yellow lemons..

They import every other fruit so why not yellow lemons.

I am trying to make a point here so forgive me about being repatitve but ...

Reactions: Adrian Bye

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Several Supermarkets are now importing Driscoll's Strawberies / Black Berries and Blueberies so Why can't they send us some Yellow Lemons ?

We need yellow lemons....SOS...yellow lemons..

They import every other fruit so why not yellow lemons.

I am trying to make a point here so forgive me about being repatitve but ...

Wasn't there a "Big lemon caper"?

I am confused, oh maybe it's the lemon and Sobieski!

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Have been told in the past that it has to do with disease, but like most things here it makes no sense...

heliace

On Vacation!
Mar 27, 2004
I gotta know why???!!!Having eaten the football shaped lemons most of my life and now I have 4 trees producing creole lemons, why would you want the yellow ones.
I find the little lemons are much tastier....in juice, rum and coke???
Whats up Mike?

minerguy

Oct 31, 2010
Lemons are availible in the DR , picked 2 dozen nice juicy Yellow lemons yesterday . Where ???? Fruit vendor at the intersection of the Puerto Plata highway and Navarette highway , as if you were going to Monte Cristi paid 40Rd a dozen

bayaguanaman

Oct 22, 2009
On a similar instance, anybody know where you can buy fresh milk, similar to what you can buy in Fl or the UK supermarkets in gallon or half gallon bottles. I have tried La Sirena and NAtional and all they have is the cartons of UHT milk which are out of the dairy cold shelf area and so sweet it would make your teeth cringe.

I am looking for something resembling McArthurs 2% or standard cows milk. HELP!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Rica produces fresh milk in red, white and blue 1 litre tetrapaks - if your supermarket stocks it you'll find it in the fridge section - I stopped buying it after finding it had gone off even before the expiry date, probably because of erratic refrigeration practices.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
On a similar instance, anybody know where you can buy fresh milk, similar to what you can buy in Fl or the UK supermarkets in gallon or half gallon bottles. I have tried La Sirena and NAtional and all they have is the cartons of UHT milk which are out of the dairy cold shelf area and so sweet it would make your teeth cringe.

I am looking for something resembling McArthurs 2% or standard cows milk. HELP!

If you're anywhere near Santiago take a trip to Turay in Bonao. Worth the trip for everything dairy.

AE