Jobs in la vega

MrB

Oct 3, 2010
this is my first post here on Dr1,

Im American living in nyc and my girlfriend is Dominican living in La Vega. She has taken an entry level computer class and she speaks/understand English very good but not perfect.

She is trying to find work in La Vega, does anyone have information for any jobs??

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Tough row to hoe, for sure. La Vega is not a metropolitan area. Jobs are scarce, with two factories in the free zone shutting down last week...

Her best bet is Sto Domingo or Santiago, but again with that level of training, it will be more "who" rather than "what" she knows...

HB

MrB

Oct 3, 2010
thanks,

She is taking more classes for English,computers and accounting but
It really is "who you Know" more than "what you know".

DRdaddy

Sep 15, 2010
Yet people work there everyday.What part of la vega?How good is her english?She may want to look into harabacoa and some of the ecoturism places opening up soon.Bit of a drive though.

MrB

Oct 3, 2010
Its been awhile since I been on the board, My girl still has not found a job .Currently she is in school, but really wants to work. I have applied for a fianc? visa back in Nov ,and her working will help. Really need some advice/tips, on employment in La vega,Santiago, or the capital .

Thanks

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Well the good thing is if you applied for a fiancee visa and they somehow don't give it to her just come to the DR and get married and she'll get the other visa in a matter of months.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I would be surprised if her fianc?e visa not approved. Approval should have little to do with her working or not for that visa if that is a big concern for you. It is a different story for a visitor's visa.