Women with Large feet 11+ In The Dominican Republic

TeresaMac

Oct 7, 2010
What do they do and where to they shop for their shoes when they were a size 11+ in shoes?

Are they any stores in Santo Domingo that actually carry these sizes for women?

TeresaMac

Oct 7, 2010
Yeah I was just curious it seems that they don't even exist over there. They make it seem as though is not normal? I don't get it...

Yeah I just listened to "Your Feet's Too Big" Hilarious.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Plus-size clothes boutiques also sell shoes. I've noticed several - including one in Plaza de las Americas on Churchill/Pastoriza.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Yeah I was just curious it seems that they don't even exist over there. They make it seem as though is not normal? I don't get it...

It is certainly NOT the norm for a woman to have such big feet

TeresaMac

Oct 7, 2010
It is certainly NOT the norm for a woman to have such big feet

Is that so? you would think otherwise. I am 5'11 155LBS and I wear a size 11 and my parents are Dominican If I exist trust me I am sure theres more of us out there.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007

You also have a good sense of humor which is a sure indication of a big heart as well.

Try these: (from colonialzone-dr.com)

Tarazzo Zapaterias
This shoe store has a very wide selection and they are very attentive to the customer. Ask for Ruben.
Hours: Monday thru Saturday 9AM to 8PM
Web site: Tarrazo | Zapaterias
Location: Calle El Conde #368 Colonial Zone, Santo Domingo (also in Plaza Central and Diamond Mall)

There are some stores that are very upscale and feature some of our talented designers. To see them go to our Artist-Designer pages.Department/Clothing StoresShoe Stores Shopping Centers Department Stores Los Muchachos CxA
Direction: Calle El Conde #305, Colonial Zone, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Calzados Tarrazo
Directions: Calle El Conde #368. Colonial Zone, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

TeresaMac

Oct 7, 2010
Thanks GreyDread!!!!!

Hey, I was just saying because I am very tall and I haven't visit the country in over 9 years now. I will be visiting Santo Domingo next week and although, I have everything I need with me, just maybe I will be in the need of something else... :D and is always good to know ahead of time as of what to expect while you're over there..

And I really don't understand why folks think that is out of the NORM? really I cant really see myself wearing a size 8 being this tall.. My equilibrium will be jacked up....

TeresaMac

Oct 7, 2010
Plus-size clothes boutiques also sell shoes. I've noticed several - including one in Plaza de las Americas on Churchill/Pastoriza.

Oh really... they probably would make fun of me.. What is this skinny girl coming in here for?????

YEAH I NEED YOUR shoes thats the reason......

Thanks, I will save this info!!

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
And I really don't understand why folks think that is out of the NORM? really I cant really see myself wearing a size 8 being this tall.. My equilibrium will be jacked up....

I did not mean to be insulting by saying that you are out of the norm Teresa. I sincerely apologize. :eek:

What I was trying to say is that, you go to a clothing store in NYC for example, the first size that will sell out are the 8-14. Sure, there are 18, but the average girl will not be in that size range (Again, it's all subjective, in France, the average woman wear a lot smaller and 14 would be considered a Plus size).

I am sure there are plenty of women wearing 11+ size, but it is not as common as size 9 for example, that is why this size is harder to find. Just my observation, did not mean to offend you :eek:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Yes, some Dominican women AND men have very big feet. Our son wore a size 12 by the time he was 12, and our daughter wears an 11 like the OP. Doesn't come from my side, I have 6.5-7 feet [but then I'm 5-1 and she's 5-8 or 9]. All of our Dominican nieces are wearing 10s or 11s. I don't know where they buy their shoes, but I know it's not easy even for my daughter in the US to find nice ones.

I do know Payless is in SD and they carry a decent assortment of large size and wide-width shoes [not the best quality of course!]. It's not something you can buy on the internet, even styles within a brand you like have different fits.

AE

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
you know, I m not sure what type of shoes you are looking for but if its athletic shoes, los tenis, I think you should look for the equivalent shoe in a Boys shoe. I knew many women who bought boys sneakers because the sizes and options were better. I dont remember the ratio but a size 8 womens shoe is like a 5.5 boys or something. Even more, they dont use american sizes here, its like either French or Brazilian sizes. SO make sure you know the equivalent.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
you know, I m not sure what type of shoes you are looking for but if its athletic shoes, los tenis, I think you should look for the equivalent shoe in a Boys shoe. I knew many women who bought boys sneakers because the sizes and options were better. I dont remember the ratio but a size 8 womens shoe is like a 5.5 boys or something. Even more, they dont use american sizes here, its like either French or Brazilian sizes. SO make sure you know the equivalent.

US Women's size 11 is roughly equivalent to Men's 9 1/2 - 10. My ex wore Women's 12 and fit my 10 1/2 Tim's perfectly when I sent her out to shovel the driveway. She's 6'0"/ 175 lbs. and really strong so I let her keep the boots.

TeresaMac

Oct 7, 2010
I did not mean to be insulting by saying that you are out of the norm Teresa. I sincerely apologize. :eek:

What I was trying to say is that, you go to a clothing store in NYC for example, the first size that will sell out are the 8-14. Sure, there are 18, but the average girl will not be in that size range (Again, it's all subjective, in France, the average woman wear a lot smaller and 14 would be considered a Plus size).

I am sure there are plenty of women wearing 11+ size, but it is not as common as size 9 for example, that is why this size is harder to find. Just my observation, did not mean to offend you :eek:

Not at all, I completely understand your logic here.

My issue is this, why market something thats not obtainable? Perfect example, I'm 5'11" and I prefer my jeans to be pretty long at least 36 inches long but while they advertise tall models and so on, at the end of the day is not normal to go to a store and being able to find jeans that long but the way the make it seem is that it is normal.

I tell you this, we are pretty common. There are many of us that are tall (Long LMAO) and very well proportioned and it makes sense for me to wear a size 11 in shoes... and they actually look small... :D I love it but anyway is one of those things that should be normal to get just like everyone else when they buy your "average" size 8 shoes... Come on. LOL

I have everything I need here in the states... At time I have to order online but what happens to those less unfortunate? I mean really??? I guarantee you that there are many ladies in DR that wear a size 11 in shoes! What are they wearing?????????? if everything is pretty much under a size 10!!!!??!!!?

TeresaMac

Oct 7, 2010
Yes, some Dominican women AND men have very big feet. Our son wore a size 12 by the time he was 12, and our daughter wears an 11 like the OP. Doesn't come from my side, I have 6.5-7 feet [but then I'm 5-1 and she's 5-8 or 9]. All of our Dominican nieces are wearing 10s or 11s. I don't know where they buy their shoes, but I know it's not easy even for my daughter in the US to find nice ones.

I do know Payless is in SD and they carry a decent assortment of large size and wide-width shoes [not the best quality of course!]. It's not something you can buy on the internet, even styles within a brand you like have different fits.

AE

Hey, not sure how old your daughter is but you can try zappos.com......

For what I've heard payless is in SD however if your average person wears a size 10, that means they aren't bothering to bring anything else... and yes the quality does suck but for some pair of beach flip flops yes I rec payless....

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Not at all, I completely understand your logic here.

I have everything I need here in the states... At time I have to order online but what happens to those less unfortunate? I mean really??? I guarantee you that there are many ladies in DR that wear a size 11 in shoes! What are they wearing?????????? if everything is pretty much under a size 10!!!!??!!!?

Mens shoes. Most likely sandals and flip flops, open toed

TeresaMac

Oct 7, 2010
Mens shoes. Most likely sandals and flip flops, open toed

WOW... I feel bad for them.. I mean REALLY in a country were everyone pretty much pretends to keep up with the Joneses? Everyone wants to have the latest trends come on... that sucks hard core

Edit:

My point is this.. if they bother to bring LV to Santo Domingo well damn they need to caterer to those other things too

Last edited: