New Hotel in Santiango?

Patron

Mar 17, 2010
When I was on the autopista today, I saw a sign for a new hotel. Across the street from Pepe's motors. Located behind the gas station and Bon ice cream place. Anyone have information/phone number for this hotel?

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
When I was on the autopista today, I saw a sign for a new hotel. Across the street from Pepe's motors. Located behind the gas station and Bon ice cream place. Anyone have information/phone number for this hotel?

I passed by today and I think I got the phone # 809-581-1322
Hotel Monumental

Reactions: mike l

Patron

Mar 17, 2010
Thanks Lucille for the phone number. I tried to google the hotel, but couldn't find any information on this hotel.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Isn't it a converted office/apartment building?

It certainly looks much better than before.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Yes, that is the number for Hotel Monumental
809-581-1322
$800 DP One person
$1.400.00 Two people
That includes wifi-gym-hot water-a/c
Let's see...;)
Escobita nueva barre bien...
New broom sweeps well....lol...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Cobra:
There was a plaza, with Supermarket, gym, beauty salon and small stores.
Plaza Monumental.
That's the one. But it looked really ragged and run down. It looks vastly better...

Patron

Mar 17, 2010
Thanks for the help. I looked at the hotel and it is not that nice. I stayed at Camp David for 2,200 pesos per night.

johnnj2000

Mar 27, 2004
is that the hotel tha used to be called the plaintain? off ave Estrella? going towards the university?

I am staying at this hotel, the Hotel Plaza Monumental, right now. I've been here since Wednesday, December 8th and I'm leaving on the 14th. I found out about it from this very same thread while staying at the Aloha Sol, and I decided to go check it out.

I paid $800 DR pesos per night. They gave me a room right next to the front desk, so I have internet in the room due to being close to the modem, but with most rooms the signal won't reach, so you'd have to sit in the cafeteria to use internet.

The rooms are plain and the one I'm in has no windows. It has two beds (one is a waterbed), a TV and a Fridge. If you're looking for a clean safe and CHEAP place to stay, this is the one. It's not luxurious or extravagant, just plain and simple. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I would definately stay here again, preferably in the same room, for the internet convenience.

I am staying at this hotel, the Hotel Plaza Monumental, right now. I've been here since Wednesday, December 8th and I'm leaving on the 14th. I found out about it from this very same thread while staying at the Aloha Sol, and I decided to go check it out.

I paid $800 DR pesos per night. They gave me a room right next to the front desk, so I have internet in the room due to being close to the modem, but with most rooms the signal won't reach, so you'd have to sit in the cafeteria to use internet.

The rooms are plain and the one I'm in has no windows. It has two beds (one is a waterbed), a TV and a Fridge. If you're looking for a clean safe and CHEAP place to stay, this is the one. It's not luxurious or extravagant, just plain and simple. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I would definately stay here again, preferably in the same room, for the internet convenience.

Here's a link to this hotel:

- :: Hotel Plaza Monumental