like buffets...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
...then you'll LOVE Tropicoco's on Saturday nights. This place, located between the Viva Wyndham and Ocean Dream in Cabarete has been around for years...and has been offering their all-you-can-eat BBQ for quite a while. It is available on Saturday nights and costs $450 pesos ($250 for kids), all taxes included.

Unlike most buffets the food is totally fresh and really good! They have pretty much the same thing every week, but there's not a bad dish in the bunch. Typical and not-so-typical salads and sides, including yucca fritas (one of my favorites), grilled marinated tenderloin/filet mignon (I will say the BEST non-imported beef Ive tasted anywhere in the country), whole grilled leg of pork, grilled chicken, and excellent grilled/sauteed fish. If that doesn't have you wishing it was Saturday right now, they also have homemade bread, delicious crema de ayuma (pumpkin soup) and an awesome dessert and fruit bar...

Yep, I ate there last night and I was just thinking about that grilled tenderloin....mmmmmmmmmm!!! :bunny:

They also have live music and occasionally special performances including magic shows and Dominican dance shows, etc...

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
David, is there any bus service between Sosua and Cabarete?
Any idea what the price of a taxi would be?
Sounds like a great place to check out, but I am a big Rocky's food fan.....
But I can't eat every meal there.....

B in Santiago

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
David, is there any bus service between Sosua and Cabarete?
Any idea what the price of a taxi would be?
Sounds like a great place to check out, but I am a big Rocky's food fan.....
But I can't eat every meal there.....

B in Santiago

The restaurant is right on the main highway just as you enter the center of Cabarete (on the left side). There are public buses (guaguas) and public cars from Sosua that will drop you off directly in front of the restaurant. A Sosua-Cabarete Taxi will run 400-500 pesos...not too bad if you have a group of 4 or so...

And nothing against Rocky's, I've eaten many great meals there, but there are probably 20 other good to very good restaurants in Sosua as well...

I just saw an ad in the current adscene magazine for a new Asian (they call it "oriental") buffet on Wednesdays at Sabor, the restaurant at the Colibri Hotel for $395 pesos...the description looks GREAT! Has anyone tried it??

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
The restaurant is right on the main highway just as you enter the center of Cabarete (on the left side). There are public buses (guaguas) and public cars from Sosua that will drop you off directly in front of the restaurant. A Sosua-Cabarete Taxi will run 400-500 pesos...not too bad if you have a group of 4 or so...

And nothing against Rocky's, I've eaten many great meals there, but there are probably 20 other good to very good restaurants in Sosua as well...

I just saw an ad in the current adscene magazine for a new Asian (they call it "oriental") buffet on Wednesdays at Sabor, the restaurant at the Colibri Hotel for $395 pesos...the description looks GREAT! Has anyone tried it??

Now you're talking my language and would like to know about that!

Reactions: waytogo

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
...then you'll LOVE Tropicoco's on Saturday nights. This place, located between the Viva Wyndham and Ocean Dream in Cabarete has been around for years...and has been offering their all-you-can-eat BBQ for quite a while. It is available on Saturday nights and costs $450 pesos ($250 for kids), all taxes included.

Unlike most buffets the food is totally fresh and really good! They have pretty much the same thing every week, but there's not a bad dish in the bunch. Typical and not-so-typical salads and sides, including yucca fritas (one of my favorites), grilled marinated tenderloin/filet mignon (I will say the BEST non-imported beef Ive tasted anywhere in the country), whole grilled leg of pork, grilled chicken, and excellent grilled/sauteed fish. If that doesn't have you wishing it was Saturday right now, they also have homemade bread, delicious crema de ayuma (pumpkin soup) and an awesome dessert and fruit bar...

Yep, I ate there last night and I was just thinking about that grilled tenderloin....mmmmmmmmmm!!! :bunny:

They also have live music and occasionally special performances including magic shows and Dominican dance shows, etc...

I imagine the drink is not included, so the the total bill for one would be
$500+ pesos, no???

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Correct...so an awesome buffet with all the perfectly prepared filet mignon and other great food you'd like to eat, and a drink will run you a whopping $15 USD...

That's a great deal David. We spend that - or more - for a nondescript meal at Adrian Tropical in SD. My husband loves buffets - I always tell him that they're going to take his picture and post it on a bulletin board with a note to not let him come in again :laugh: We plan to visit the north coast, we'll definitely check it out, thanks!

AE

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
ive been several times....and the all you can eat is actually food you want to eat lol, not like some all you can eat buffets.......

Status
Not open for further replies.