Kid Camacho

Status
Not open for further replies.

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
am watching a movie called kid comancho
it is mostly in spanish but with enuf english that i can follow the story

the reason i started this thread is i noticed alot of similarity of people and attitudes as in the dr. but the movie is set in mexico...
there is prostitution..drugs...fighting...emotions...love...ect.

i am curious if any have seen this movie and what their opinions are concerning the similarities in the basics of the movie compared to the dr.

Naptime

Jul 23, 2008
www.vitos.com
thats crazy. i just watched a movie the other day. i noticed alot of similarity of people and attitudes as in the dr. but the movie is set in the U.S....

prostitution..drugs...fighting...emotions...love.. .ect.

i just watched another movie last week. i noticed alot of similarity of people and attitudes as in the dr. but the movie was set in England....

prostitution..drugs...fighting...emotions...love.. .ect.

:)

just messin with ya.

it seems that everytime i see a thread about sosua lately it gives the impression that prostitution, drugs, theft, violence, etc... is somehow exclusive to sosua.

people complaining as if sosua is the only place with these problems.

i know not you, just in general, keep seeing it alot.

Naptime

Jul 23, 2008
www.vitos.com
btw: how old is this movie?

i'll have to search for it.

i watched a movie on hbo this week, called SUGAR... about a dominican baseball player. it showed the "other side" of domincian players in the us. the ones that fall through the cracks.. ie; get contracts, come here to play, and then get hooked on drugs, or get injured, or cant handle the stress, etc...

we always here about the rags to riches superstars, but rarely about the ones that crash and burn, which to my understanding, are really the majority.

it was an intersting movie. started in the dr, and then moved up to iowa and then over to new york.

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
lol i see your point and actually enjoyed the humour

i just found that alot of the actors seemed to be playing the same lives as people i've seen in the dr.

the crooked cop
the prostitute
the poor trying to rise to the top
the good gringo doctor
the drug use
the broken family...ect

the thing is it's giving me a newer insight into the spaniish life of the everday person going about thier daily routines...trying to exiist

Status
Not open for further replies.