Help! Need a real painter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2007
I am trying a new thread here....searched the old ones and the most recent good information that I could locate was from 2006!!!

I am tired of hiring painters and then having to teach them how to paint and watching them like a hawk to make sure they don't do a sloppy job. I have used painters recommended by paint stores.....painters who had painted the renovation in Casa Marina..... They get the wall paint on the ceiling and the ceiling paint all over everything. They don't take off outlet covers. They splash on the furniture. They get it on the floor. They don't clean up. And when I correct them (over and over again) they act like it just isn't right for them to take orders from a woman.

If I have to give up my days doing close supervision, I will have my gardener paint. But that is not what I want.

I want a painter who knows what he/she is doing. Who does neat work. Who knows how to "cut in." Who knows how to use a paint pan and roller correctly. Who can work without being watched. Who is fair and trustworthy.

Is that too much to ask? Is there such a person here on the north coast?

Please help!!!

Lindsey

Aug 21, 2007
Just to update....I have had a couple of PM's from readers here on dr1. I knew I could count on this readership to help me out here.

(Mods- if you care to close this thread, I am fine with that. It has served its purpose for me.)

Lindsey

Reactions: mike l
Status
Not open for further replies.