Travel from Haiti to Punta Cana

Spirits Traveler

Oct 11, 2010
www.wineandspiritstravel.com
I am trying to get a friend who is volunteering in Haiti to Punta Cana to meet me. There doesn't seem to be any info in Haiti about what she does in the DR, or info in the DR about Haiti!

Do you have any idea if the bus stop Caribe tours stops in at Santo Domingo is the same one she can take the Expreso Bavaro bus at? Is there a better way to get from Les Cayes or Port au Prince to Punta Cana? The only airfare I was quoted was $350 each way and out of the question.

Thanks for any help you can give me,

Marcia

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
She will have to take a taxi from Caribe Tours station on Ave. 27 de Febrero esquina Leopoldo Navarro to the Expreso B?varo stop on Calle S?nchez Ram?rez casi esquina M?ximo G?mez in Gazcue, providing she arrives in time to get one of the buses that go to Punta Cana (7am, 8am, 11am, 2pm and 4pm - but please double-check).

She can fly from PAP into La Isabela - is it true the free UN flights are not just for UN personnel? - and then take a taxi to Expreso B?varo, again, providing the timings work out.

Spirits Traveler

Oct 11, 2010
www.wineandspiritstravel.com
Thanks for your help. Do you have any idea what time the Caribe tours bus arrives? And, how far is it to the Expreso B?varo stop? Also considering flying through Takeoff Web from La Isabela - JBQ to Santo Domingo.

I haven't heard anything about UN flights. Will check.

Marcia

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I had a look at the Caribe Tours site Caribe Tours | Bienvenidos

It's been redesigned in a very confusing way. It's got all sorts of fancy widgets like the interactive map but as far as I could see they don't give arrival times.
I advise calling Caribe Tours on 809 221 4422 ext 2023 (Ruta Hait?) for that information.