How to write a dominican address?

buchua

Sep 29, 2010
Hi I'm new to this site. (Sorry if i put this in the wrong spot. my apologies)
Well my boyfriend lives in Mao Valverde and we still have yet to get his address right (sounds crazy but i think i might be writing it wrong) I want to send him letter and litlte suvienors (sorry if i spelled that wrong) from the united states. I have his address right here, i looked on yahoo answers for "Dominican Address Format" well i found it! and it helped but My boyfriends address didnt have a sector it doesnt look like. I need help with that? Maybe one of you would know?

Format i got
First and last name
Street and number
District and or sector
city
country

Okay heres the address:
Duarte 189
Mao Valverde
Republica Dominicana

In the example i have gotten off of Yahoo answers is like this
Cayentano Rodriquez 201
Gazcue
Santo Domingo
Rep. Dom

The gazcue is the sector?
What would my boyfriends sector be? (Im not even exactly sure what a sector is..)

I would appriciate it if somebody could help me. I would thank you to a million pieces! :)

Dios te bendiga

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My wife would write it as C/Duarte 189, meaning Calle Duarte. The sector would be like Urbanizacion Don Bosco, for example.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Well my boyfriend lives in Mao Valverde and we still have yet to get his address right (sounds crazy but i think i might be writing it wrong) I want to send him letter and litlte suvienors (sorry if i spelled that wrong) from the united states. I have his address right here, i looked on yahoo answers for "Dominican Address Format" well i found it! and it helped but My boyfriends address didnt have a sector it doesnt look like. I need help with that? Maybe one of you would know?

Format i got
First and last name
Street and number
District and or sector
city
country

Okay heres the address:
Duarte 189
Mao Valverde
Republica Dominicana

Cayentano Rodriquez 201
Gazcue
Santo Domingo
Rep. Dom

What would my boyfriends sector be? (Im not even exactly sure what a sector is..)

I would appriciate it if somebody could help me. I would thank you to a million pieces! :)

Dios te bendiga

Mao is a city in Valverde. You can address it exactly as you wrote it - you might want to put Valverde on a separate line from Mao. However, you should know that Dominican mail is iffy at best. If this is something important don't trust the Dominican post office.

As an aside, my father-in-law was born in Mao, a lonnnggg time ago.

AE

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Dont matter how you write it, if you put it in the mail it wont get there. If you have his email then just email the dude. If he doesnt have an email, tell him to get one, this is the 21st Century and they are free. Sending him souvenirs and trinkets? Nah, they ll get stolen before that package is delivered.

AE I was also born in Mao....long time ago...:) Mao is an small town and I think it only has one calle Duarte, therefore I don't think a local would have any problem find it. However, using postal service to deliver your letter/parcel is not a good idea, most likely they will never get it or, if they do, it would take several weeks, may be months.

More info on a recent thread: http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/107457-how-does-postal-mail-system-work-dr.html

good luck

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007

Format i got
First and last name
Street and number
District and or sector
city
country

Okay heres the address:
Duarte 189
Mao Valverde
Republica Dominicana

Cayentano Rodriquez 201
Gazcue
Santo Domingo
Rep. Dom

Dios te bendiga

buchua:
Welcome to Dr1
and God Bless you too...
Like RacerX says regular mail is very bad here, anything besides a letter will get stolen from the post office.
Try to use another way to send your souvenirs .(not a regular mail)

This is the way:

First name and Last name - Luis Rodriguez
Street and # -Calle Duarte #23
City -Valverde, Mao
Country -Republica Dominicana or Dominican Republic

Good Luck to you...
Lucille

Reactions: rice&beans

buchua

Sep 29, 2010
thank you for all the responses! this is probably one of my favorite sites it tells me so much! :)

It has friendly people too! and i recieved comments fast! :)

thanks again for everyones responses.

Oh! I have a question?
Well since regular mail ( if i sent things to him) would get stolen how would i sent him things? like fed ex or something?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dear Buch?a:
Since you are young, these folks will help you (Not with your homework!).
Have the guy in Mao find out if there is a office of EPS or one of the mail forwarders there.

If there is, have him sign up. If he cannot afford to sign up, drop him like a piece of rotten fruit.

Assuming he can afford to become a member of one of the mail forwarding places, he will give you an address in Florida where you can mail stuff with the assurance it will get here.

Oh yeah, I know Mao, very well....Well not so much these days, but 50 years ago I did!!

HB