el cacique Raulin maybe?

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
can someone help me with the sweetest song .. cannot find anything on the web...starts with something like flamenco guitars, but believe it 's bachata, " "el cacique, corazon corazon , si tu no quieres volver, mi vida...?? y todo lo que tu pasaste conmigo, jamas volvr a pasar...corazon, dame la opportunidad, para sobrevivir en esta solidad" I love it... but cannot get all the lyrics but it s a beautiful sound , I simply love it... thanks for any direction.. as you can see I a dong my best to get to know as much as I can about Dominican culture before I get there.... cheers Mike

elbachatero6504

Sep 26, 2010
can someone help me with the sweetest song .. cannot find anything on the web...starts with something like flamenco guitars, but believe it 's bachata, " "el cacique, corazon corazon , si tu no quieres volver, mi vida...?? y todo lo que tu pasaste conmigo, jamas volvr a pasar...corazon, dame la opportunidad, para sobrevivir en esta solidad" I love it... but cannot get all the lyrics but it s a beautiful sound , I simply love it... thanks for any direction.. as you can see I a dong my best to get to know as much as I can about Dominican culture before I get there.... cheers Mike

If it sounded like flamenco guitars then yes it was certainly Bachata, and if your 'el Cacique' then yes it was Raulin Rodriguez. Bachateros may borrow melodies periodically, but they NEVER share names. As far as the particular song I'm not sure, but it was certainly Raulin Rodriguez. Where did you hear it?? If you heard it on the radio its probably one of his well known works or perhaps something new, but I'm leaning toward it being an older song. But if you like that type of music, might I also recommend some of his other songs like 'Medicina de Amor', 'Si No Te Tengo' and 'Ay Hombe'. Other Bachateros you might like - Frank Reyes, Luis Vargas, Joe Veras and of course El Mayimbe - Anthony Santos.