Custody Girl moving to Canada.

Alis

Aug 24, 2010
Please I need help. I am trying Submit my documents to my husband in canada, QC, but I am very confused because I have a girl so they ask this documents (see note 1 below). I have one daughter but i never got married with her's father, now I am married to canadian, father my daughter is citizenship USA and live there, we never did formal custody arregements, even he have 5 years not visiting Dr, i did speak for his , and he went to consulate dominican there, they told him , they can do a notarial document , where say he was giving permission to my husband to submit she's document to she move free to canada .

Uffffffffffffffffff So I am very confused because i dont have fullfilled custody
agreements, what i need? is Ok this Documents for permission to submit she's documents.

I will be very Grateful for your replies.

(note 1) CHILDREN?S INFORMATION

If you are divorced or separated, you must include proof that you have custody of the children for children under the age of 18, that you have fulfilled all obligations in custody agreements, and that the children are free to move to Canada.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Alis,

Does your daughter have US citizenship already or just Dominican?
Is the father listed on her birth certificate?

With a PR application for Canada, you would have to provide a written explanation if you can't provide something they are asking for.

You will need to find supporting evidence to prove you are the custodial parent and have permission to take your daughter to Canada if your PR visas are granted.

I would start with a letter from the father stating that you have full custody of your daughter and that he gives permission for her to move to Canada with you. Have that letter notarized. I am sure it is quite easy to prove that she is living in the DR and not in the US.

I don't think you need to worry too much but do provide her birth certificate, a detailed notarized letter from the father, her baptism certificate if you have one as well.

You may also want to have your husband call the immigration call center and ask what else they want you to include.

If all else fails, the embassy will tell you exactly what they need from you once they start processing your applications.

Sangria

Alis

Aug 24, 2010
she is dominican only and live here with me, yes her's father is listed on birth certificate.

i did speak for his , and he went to embassy dominican in new york, they told him , they can do a notarized letter , where say he was giving permission to my husband to submit she's document to she move free to canada .

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
she is dominican only and live here with me, yes her's father is listed on birth certificate.

i did speak for his , and he went to embassy dominican in new york, they told him , they can do a notarized letter , where say he was giving permission to my husband to submit she's document to she move free to canada .

Sounds like you've got the solution to your problem. Get the notarized letter from the biological father, and that along with the birth certificate should be enough.