Monkey Jungle, grand opening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2008
The "Monkey Jungle", a new zip-line, natural-habitat monkey park, had their grand opening today. It was a great time, with approximately 100 people attending. The entire place is absolutely amazing, and very professionally done.

For those who are unfamiliar with the "Monkey Jungle", it is a new concept in self-sustaining charitable giving. It is located on El Choco Road in Sosua. It is an innovative and very worthwhile organization, providing free medical clinic/dental service to local residents every Saturday. The people who receive those service are truly in need, and they receive those services absolutely free of charge.

The long-term plan is to fund the expenses of the medical/dental clinic by offering tour companies the unique services of a wonderful and exciting zip-line, which transverses an extremely beautiful valley, with a lovely view, and a natural-habitat environment complete with some very interesting monkeys.

Every weekend some very dedicated volunteers offer their services free of charge, and provide some very valuable service to the local population.

This is a very unique place, and it truly deserves the support of anyone interested in enjoying a one-of-a-kind experience, which ultimately does a world of good for others.

Mar 2, 2008
Hopefully, the friends I went with will post some pictures. I did not have my camera with me, unfortunately, and I have never been a very skilled photographer. My apologies, Chip and Naptime.

I know that at least one of my friends took some nice photos, and I will prod them a bit to post some.

The other information I will allow more knowledgeable people to comment on. I was simply a delighted attendee, and I really do not know what the owners have planned with regard to prices etc.

Aug 21, 2007
Turn left onto El Choco Road, going from Cabarete. El Choco Road is just beyond Coastal gas station, almost across from Sosua Ocean Village. There is a sign on the road indicating the turn for Monkey Jungle.

Drive on El Choco Road for about 13 km. You drive beyond the paved road and onto rocky road. It is quiet far and a rough ride.

The Monkey Jungle is on the right. You really cannot miss it, as there is nothing else around at that point.

The caretaker for the monkeys told me that most monkeys were gotten from rescue.

The grounds of this place are beautiful. They did a great job facility-wise. They are providing medical, dental, and eye care at the clinic, as well as providing meds and when necessary, medical tests. And, as far as it is, my understanding is that on Saturdays, the poor travel far and stand in line for the much needed services.

Kudos to those involved! I wish them all well.

Lindsey

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
It was an excellent time, good people, good food, great zip line and very cute monkeys (my wife wanted to take two home with her). This is one of the very good organizations giving back to the commuity. Chuck and his wife Candy are dedicated to this (and other) projects. This WILL make a difference in the local community. It was good to see so many people there yesterday.
Here is a link to the parent organization which inclludes some info on the monkey jungle. It will have its own web site soon

HADAC

Bob K

Mar 2, 2008
I forgot to mention, I had the pleasure of meeting Bob K and his wife at the festivities yesterday. Of course, we were introduced by our 'real-life' names, so I doubt Bob knows my 'screen-name', but it was a pleasure nonetheless.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Great to hear that it's up and running. Anxious to try out the zip-lines! A great addition to this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.