Having second thoughts about Las Terrenas

vahauger

Oct 8, 2010
I am having second thoughts about Las Terrenas. Are there a number of nice apartments or condos for rent on or near the beach? Pretty much every site that I have found online have just listed the hotels in Las Terrenas. Does anyone out there know of a sight that lists condos or apartments in Las Terrenas. I know that Cabarete has some nice condos Ocean One, Ocean Beach, Harmony, Cabarete East etc. Can I find units like this in Las Terrenas?
Please help!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Most places won't be listed online. You may need to show up personally and spend some time asking around.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Didn't you find something already across the beach???

Pretty much everything in LT geared towards tourists is away from 1 to 7 minutes from the beach.

Since you will be there for 4 months if I remember well, you can also split your time between 2 places (I know I would).

vahauger

Oct 8, 2010
Afracaida, I dragged my feet deciding on that unit at La Fenice and they rented it out while I was deciding.

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Alisei is on the web, but do not know if they do 4 month rentals. In this economic climate they may. All the units are furnished condos and it is on the beach and minutes from the best restaurants in town.

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
Alisei has long term rentals. They have fully furnished apartments with a fully equiped kitchen.

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
i may resemble the guy :) the wife and i are in love with the samana area and since i finally got out from under the time share thing (what an ordeal) and missed vacation last year i have indeed had plenty of time to research. it is half of the fun, no?

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
i may resemble the guy :) the wife and i are in love with the samana area and since i finally got out from under the time share thing (what an ordeal) and missed vacation last year i have indeed had plenty of time to research. it is half of the fun, no?

I agree :cheeky: I researched LT so much, first time I went there, I would remember most names of hotels, condos, etc...
However, I was a lot less unsuccessful with Las Galeras as choices seem to be a lot more limited.

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
We have a reasonably-priced 2 BR villa for rent with a private swimming pool, just steps from the beach and you may also walk to town-- PM me for details!
:)Susan