Lifestyles Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
Anyone been to Lifestyle Hacienda Resorts in Puerto Plata? I've read some reviews on another travel board and they are about 50/50 as to positive and negative aspects. I've already booked it since it was only $10 a night. Even if it isn't all it is cracked up to be, $10 is cheaper than any hotel.

What I do know is that you live and die on the color of you wristband, other than that I didn't pull much info besides it is really hard to book the restaurants.

Anyone been?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I know a couple of people that have worked in customer care for them and they reckon it's not worth going if you don't go VIP. Like you say though, what you gunna expect for 10bucks a night.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Be prepared for a high pressure sales pitch for the vacation club. $10 a night is the Loss Leader to get you in the door and then they try very hard to sell you a membership so you get the better wristband!!!

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
A birthday promo or something. They weren't exactly flying off the shelves last week so if you can really be bothered with the headache this vacation will give you try it out, only 4 days max from what I understand.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I believe its a special they are running on CheapCaribbean.com.

Its valid until some date in December. And yes, I think you have to take part in a vacation club tour.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Sounds like an unbelievable price $10.00 bucks a day! Just where did you book this deal?

mrdogz

Oct 19, 2010
No you don't have to sit through a presentation. Just got off the phone w/ CheapCaribbean. The special was avail until 10-10-10. We booked for 5 nights. Accordingto the travel documents, we will be give the VIP access.
Hopefully we will hear from some who have already gone on this deal.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
probably ten buck a day, but before you can enter, you have to purchase the all-inclusive, which is around $50 per person per day....and then you have the guys(called OPC's - Outside Personal Contacts) harassing you all over the place to go to the presentation .....but hey I don't know anything......LOL....like they say, if is sounds too good........

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
No you don't have to sit through a presentation. Just got off the phone w/ CheapCaribbean. The special was avail until 10-10-10. We booked for 5 nights. Accordingto the travel documents, we will be give the VIP access.
Hopefully we will hear from some who have already gone on this deal.

I'll believe that when I see it. Hope it works out for you, have fun.

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
The deal was a 10 year anniversary special. Which is and isn't a good at the same time. A resort I was at before was $50 per person a night minus kids since they are free. So this trip and that trip ended up costing the same since at Lifestyles they charge for the kids.

They do sell you the VIP quite hard, but according as someone said before, if you purchased through cheapcaribbean.com you are being given VIP. Also, you can turn the presentation down, it is not mandatory.

However, as I read on another travel board there are two levels of VIP. I'm not clear on which cheapcaribbean.com is offering but I'm sure for $10 a night it must be the lesser. Nonetheless $10 a night isn't bad even if it isn't the most charming.

Why I started the thread was to see if someone could break down the levels of wristbands a little more.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
just copied this off their web-site:

Note: All Inclusive Charge $47.50 USD per person per day to be paid upon arrival at resort, children are half price.

Now I wonder if they are going to charge the 26% tax on top of that?

zoey_kat

Feb 2, 2007
We were there for 4 days last week. The room was nice, food was ok - standard AI, and the VIP beach was great! The beach had nice beds, great drinks and food service (more American fare - salads, chicken wings, nachos, sandwiches). There was no requirement to attend the timeshare/VIP presentation and we declined to do so. The sales people were not aggressive.

Hope this helps and that you enjoy your time there.

zoey_kat

Feb 2, 2007
Sorry amp, just saw your comment on the wrist bands. Cheap Caribbean VIP bands are white and we had no problem with service using them.

There is another whole part of the resort which is VIP World - special restaurant and other facilities.

We saw gold bands, red, blue and yellow. Yellow appeared to be weekenders. Gold we were told were people who booked directly with Lifestyles and we assumed the red and blue were either owners or guests. We really saw no different in service level between any of the band colors.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Interesting, I presume Jackie is not in charge anymore then. Or she has taken up an interesting change of character. Cool!!

Enjoy !

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
Thanks zoe, I'm going to call CC just to confirm because I want to make sure what they told me the first time really is what I am getting. I know you get what you pay for and believe me I'll drink $10 a day worth of Presidente by 10am while I'm there so I'll get what I pay for ;)

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
just copied this off their web-site:

Note: All Inclusive Charge $47.50 USD per person per day to be paid upon arrival at resort, children are half price.

Now I wonder if they are going to charge the 26% tax on top of that?

The $10 included food and drink, I don't think it was $10 plus $47.50 (+plus tax).

Someone who went can confirm this?

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
We just got back this afternoon from a 3 night stay at the $10 per person special. Our total bill was $71 including tax and we are expecting a $25 "booking" charge to appear on our credit card bill (has not been posted yet). That was out total outlay and we did have access to the VIP beach which was quite nice and we ate all three dinners at the ala Carte restaurants (twice at the seafood place and once at the Asian one.)
The drinks at the VIP beach were top shelf liquiors but not elsewhere. The buffet food was... well buffet food not all that great but passable. The staff was very friendly, rooms clean, hot water worked, frig stocked with beer, water and soda, Grounds were well kept as well. We may also have set a record and I thanked the front desk as we were checking out. NOT ONCE were we approaced by a time share salesperson. I think the front desk was upset by this but we certainly were not. Maybe we just have that look about us :)
It was well worth the costs. Heck we could not stayed at and eaten at home for that price. Can't wait till next year....

Bob K

francoisatl

Feb 13, 2007
BLACK BAND IS SHAREHOLDER (OWNERS)
SPARKLY GOLD BAND OWNERS
RED BAND IS Rci
CHEAP CARIBBEAN IS WHITE

Oh and as a owner trust me their is a difference in service... helicopter service from the airport and back golf carts private beach and not the VIP beach and better villas and members only restaurants secret hand shake (not) and trust me the staff knows who the owners are and they take great care of us and we take great care of them
LHVC is one of the best resorts in the DR i go to LHVC 3 to 4 times a year i stay for about 15/20 days live like a king stay in a villa that is awesome eat & drink drive around the DR
so maybe some of you all out their should check out being an owner

BostonMary

May 18, 2002
Just curious

What does ownership cost? What are the yearly fees? How long does the ownership last? How many times a year can you go?

Status
Not open for further replies.