Help!!

A

Anne

I am a Spanish teacher to 2nd grades and we are coming to the end of our unit. I would like to cook something that is from a Spanish speaking country. The only problem is it has to be quick and easy. I am also a full-time student and don't have much time. Can someone please help me?! Thanks, Anne!

B

Bill Collins

Make a heaping quantity of rice for each plate...........dump a heaping amount of red or black beans on top..........take a machete and splinter the appendages of a chicken then fry it in a ton of oil being careful not to drain any from the chicken before serving and toss it either on top of the heap or to the side if you wish a better presentation and you will have a typical Dominican meal for the little ones!

J

Joyce

Bill,

You make Dominican food sound like it just thrown together. There is a technique to making dominican food and you dont just "dump" food on a plate. Obviously you have never cooked dominican food or you've never tasted good dominican cusine.

Have a great day!!

JOyce

B

Bill Collins

Dear Joyce,

After 10 years of dining in D.R. I know cuisine and Dominican should never be used together.

Buen provecho!

Bill

J

Jodi

Hi Anne...I wish I had a recipe for you...Dominican food is terrific (don't listen to Bill!). If someone could post a recipe for the bean sauce that is wonderful over rice (habichuela?) I would be eternally grateful.

J

Joyce

Good Morning Bill,

WEll Bill after living in the DR for 10 years, I think your wrong.

Have a nice day!!

Joyce

D

DR One

We suggest you try making a simple Dominican drink:

"Morir So?ando" (Orange milk-shake) This is the recipe from Mar?a Ram?rez de Car?as Dominican Cookbook--

(Makes 4 servings)

Ingredients: 2 cups milk, 2 cups orange juice, 2 cups cracked ice, 4 tablespoons sugar, or to taste.

Directions: Combine all ingredients in an electric blender until smooth. Serve immediately.

For more complex recipes see: http://www.dr1.com/English/TRAVFood.html http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/3348/creolefood.html

A

Anne

That won't work due to the fact that I have to make it ahead of time. The Spanish teacher at my college mentioned someting called "puddin de pan" does anyone know how to make this?