SW Tours

Aug 19, 2004
We hope to visit the SW in January, staying a couple of nights in Perdenales. Has anyone out there used the services of Jopaka Tours - they offer a tour doing both hoyo de pelempito in the morning and bahia de aguilas in the afternoon. Can this be done in one day? Are there any other tours from Perdenales?

Thanks in adavnce for any suggestions.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
When we went to Pedernales our hotel Do?a Chava helped us find a guide, driver and pick-up - I don't remember what company they worked for but it could have been that one. Our Land Rover had broken down between Barahona and Pedernales and we had to take a taxi the rest of the way. They took us to Pelempito in the morning - more than enough time to see what there is there, and on to Cabo Rojo, Las Cuevas and Bah?a de las Aguilas in the afternoon and then dropped us at our hotel near Barahona in the evening. We didn't spend much time at Bah?a de las Aguilas though - just drove up to the lookout point and took photos.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
We hope to visit the SW in January, staying a couple of nights in Perdenales. Has anyone out there used the services of Jopaka Tours - they offer a tour doing both hoyo de pelempito in the morning and bahia de aguilas in the afternoon. Can this be done in one day? Are there any other tours from Perdenales?

We have 4 rolling all-inclusive tours of the SW scheduled this season.

Take apeek @ MotoCaribe Tours for details and PM me if you'd like more info. Van tours are discounted over motorcycle tours.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com

I would plan on two days. If you take the boat out to Bahia... you have either a full morning or afternoon at the beach and then a good lunch and then you are really tired... Hoyo de pelempito is also worth a few hours.

I love Pedernales. It is a sweet, untouched little place and has a few good restaurants.

The trip down is a long drive. So why not stretch out the visit a bit?