traffilcing of children into the DR

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
It is so hard for me to wrap my head around the reality of stories like this happening in today's world. I ask myself: Is it $$$$, greed, sexual deviants, lack of souls??? WTF?
What is the answer to stop the insanity?
Not to rag on NGO's but where to hell is the donated billions of $$$ going?
GRRRRRR I get so angry and frustrated at the injustice of the cruel world when I read about these poor children. Then to make matters worse some people will blame the victims for what they are forced to do to survive.
I have no solution..... I can only offer daily prayers.

Reactions: AlterEgo

skinny36

Mar 2, 2010
It's those sick m**ther ***ers that do this to these poor children that make me ill ~ very sad!

baby bori

May 18, 2010
Those scumbag foreigners should be locked up imprisoned then beaten down to even consider being sexually intimate with minors.

baby bori

May 18, 2010
Let me not forget some Dominican men who also currently partake in these activities. Dominican men have been known to sleep with 15,16, and 17 yrs old girls even impregnating them!!!

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I have seen similar types of stories about Eastern European and Middle Eastern countries, as well as Africa. It is sad but true that there are so many perverts with 0 morals live all over the world. Such people would justify their own sick actions with just about any excuse. A lot of them probably have families and pretend to be good “family men” with their wives, kids, and neighbors. They should all go to prison, serve terms, be put on probation, and start paying large fines for what they do, I think.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Let me not forget some Dominican men who also currently partake in these activities. Dominican men have been known to sleep with 15,16, and 17 yrs old girls even impregnating them!!!

I'm sure that there are Haitian men, Tourists from many countries....etc, perhaps some of your fellow Puerto Ricans., that are using these children. Are the traffickers mainly Haitian or Dominican? There isn't a country in the world that doesn't have teenage pregnancy.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Heartbreaking story to read Annie, it makes me very angry when I think those kids are someone's children, grandchildren. I'm at a loss for words.:angry::angry:

AE

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
actually i would prefer they were tortured
to simulate the same pain and suffering they cause these children

the more they get away with it, the more they want
if they know they will be punished, most won't even dare to try it

i have never been into capital punishement cause one lie can sink a life
but when you have ABSOLUTE undeniable proof that someone has harmed a child...all is fair from that point on

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Also, most of the traffickers take the children's earnings after their hard days "work". I was once told by a Dominican "If you want to help them, give them food...never give them money"
SHALENA

Reactions: bienamor

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
This is so sad. As if having survived an earthquake isn't enough - who are these sick people and do they have their own children and families...why would they even think of getting into this kind of business? Sadly enough I have heard of this even here in Canada as well.

Those children have lost their childhood and most will surely not have a normal life again, no matter what.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
There was supposed to be a Dominican State authority which was specifically set up to take care of these children. It was announced with a lot of hoopla in the papers... and there were supposedly trainings done... and a special orphanage was being built.

When I went to investigate this for a story.. I found out that they only had 25 kids in custody.. that ALL the kids had come from Jimini during the Quake and ALL had family waiting for this.

I think that the DR really needs to step up here.. And get these kids off the streets and into custody.

Now, they do not have to KEEP them..They can turn them over to some NGO..

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010

Not only Dominican men. There is a massive difference between a 12 year old homeless desperate Haitian kid being exploited and a 17 year old girl dressing up to look 21 and going out and having sex, massive difference, not only that 16 and 17 year olds are legal, are they not?

These sick men and women (yes woman are often used to mentor these children on how to perform and make more money) should be shown barbaric justice. It is heart breaking to think this is only going less than 30mins from me and we are unable to do anything. Sickening that I live in a place where it only makes the headlines for murder, corruption, prostitution and kiddy fiddling , no wonder things are only falling apart, punts Cana keeps going but lives in it's own rights, almost oblivious to the rest of this place, or at least avoids the headlines with regards to all this sickening sh1t. I am embarrassed to tell people back home where I live, I seriously try to avoid it if possible.
They need to get an undercover team together down in boca, even an international team of legal power, get these men and women arrested, get it public, make an example and these people will soon return to Cambodia, Vietnam wherever else they went before deciding to feed off the Haiti disaster.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
Not only Dominican men. There is a massive difference between a 12 year old homeless desperate Haitian kid being exploited and a 17 year old girl dressing up to look 21 and going out and having sex, massive difference, not only that 16 and 17 year olds are legal, are they not?

NO 18!

of legal power, get these men and women arrested, get it public, make an example and these people will soon return to Cambodia, Vietnam wherever else they went before deciding to feed off the Haiti disaster.

I agree that there needs to be an outcry over this one!

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
and a big difference between professional sex workers and trafficked kids.. it would seem that any idiot could tell the difference.

and sad to say....alot know it but don't care :(
but if thier pics were posted on a board they'd definitely have seconf thoughts :)

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003