Eden Roc at Cap Cana

MPolo970

Feb 9, 2009
It looks like this "new" hotel may be a re-development of Caleton, judging from the photos on the Cap Cana website. Supposedly they have started construction with an Oct. 2011 opening date. Given the delays and money issues elsewhere on the property, it seems unlikely anything could be finished so soon, unless already largely there!!

Any one know anything???

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
been in touch with the manager in charge a couple weeks ago,
he told me that by end of october they would have the Showroom/Villa ready,
we didn't talk a date for the completion of the whole project

Mike

MPolo970

Feb 9, 2009
Yes, but is it Caleton??

Yes, but are they taking over the existing Caleton Beach Club, Bungalows and Villas? ???
The villas were supposedly privately owned, so is this going to be condo-hotel type operation?

I don't see how they could be starting from scratch and have anything open in a year. This is Cap Cana, where everything is Waaaaaaay behind schedule. I hear the marina still looks like Sadr City.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Yes, but are they taking over the existing Caleton Beach Club, Bungalows and Villas? ???
The villas were supposedly privately owned, so is this going to be condo-hotel type operation?

I don't see how they could be starting from scratch and have anything open in a year. This is Cap Cana, where everything is Waaaaaaay behind schedule. I hear the marina still looks like Sadr City.

sounds like You HEAR a Lot but don't know anything,
a bad mixture.

the Cap Cana Marina had a great Billfish Season spring -summer 2010,
top notch facilities the ones in the US of such size can only look jellous on, the amrican Guest Boats at the Tournaments been raving about the Marina and Services all around.
Andrew New as the General Manager for the Marina is doing a great Job there.
now after the fishing season, yes, it's near empty, if some Condo Owners need to move their butts they should do so.
as far as the Marina Facilities go they did their part perfectly and I am sure the 2011 Season will tripple this year's starting Tournament Season easily.
some projects are running there, others are in a sleep,
it is all different owners with different possibilities, not just one single project that runs under one single Masterplan.
cheers
Mike

MPolo970

Feb 9, 2009
Really?? Has construction at the Marina area gotten past the concrete, bombed-out looking stage?? I now parts were done a long time ago, but last Christmas, the area was desolate and empty, even though the restaurants were open and decent, and a couple of shops were operating. Not exactly vibrant. This is no slam on Cap Cana -- the global economy hasn't just slowed down most new projects, it has killed them dead or sent their bankers scrambling.

I am a HUGE fan of Cap Cana, and that's why I wanted to know about Eden Roc and Caleton. I think Caleton has/had the potential to be one of the best small hotels in the Caribbean. The bungalows are spectactular -- if properly serviced and maintained. I am hoping Solaya/Eden Roc will amp up the service and maintenance, and sort out the operation a bit! If Eden Roc is building elsewhere, that's also worth knowing.

I also wonder how Sotogrande and/or the other large chain hotels are doing down there in terms of completion dates!

Yes, since a low-quality answer like talking about fishing when what I asked was about hotel management does not add to my knowledge, I guess all I have is rumor!!

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
you mentioned the Marina,
so I would guess a Marina Property appropriately get's mentioned together with Fishing and Boating, at least that's the Reason why we build Marinas down here. while I am quiet often over there, my last 1 week visit been June 1st-6th this Year with the Boat for a Week, been nice busy that Time, my last short visit been Oct 12th and it was near Empty.

but back to the Theme, You wanted info about the Eden Roc.
contact Angelo Manzarella, the Manager for the Project, on
angelo.mazzarella@hsbcpb.com

he had been very responsive and informative to my Questions by e-mail and also privides His Phonenumbers for a direct smalltalk.

Mike