Anti Discrimination Law

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
I seem to remember that included in the Dominican Republic constitution and/or laws there is one making discrimination by reason of race, sex, religion etc against the law. Can anyone please confirm this and tell me what the law is and what its code number is. Thank you.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Thanks but nothing about the specific points I wished to investigate, I believe that certain actions by Orange are based on discrimination against immigrants but I have to be able to quote the actual law to be able to do anything about it.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Article 39 of the Constitution of the Dominican Republic:Right to Equality. All persons are born free and equal before the law and shall receive the same protection and treatment from institutions, authorities and other persons, and shall enjoy the same rights, freedoms and opportunities, without discrimination due to gender, skin color, age, disability, national origin, family ties, language, religion, political or philosophical opinions, social or personal conditions.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
The problem is that most institutions and people says same as Pte. Balaguer = La constitucion es un pedasito de papel!!!

hahaha

JJ

JuanDolioLiving

Sep 7, 2010
You have got to call and complain to the consumer protection advocate. I had a problem with Banco de Reservas and I complained through that agency and in two weeks i got a call from the bank to plead with me about my complain. call *462 and ask to speak to the consumer protection agency and file a complain there.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Thank you Dr Guzman and the others of you who helped. I now have the information I need and will be writing to Orange accordingly, unless their C.E.O. starts observing the Dominican Constitution, I shall send the papers onto their French office, Orange, as you possibly know is a 100% owned subsidiary of France Telecom. I shall make any further reports to the existing thread in "Living".

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Don't loose your time man!!! Step on the floor you are in Dominican Republic where the government vehicles are running in the roads with no insurance policy, if ever get wrecked for one of those vehicles lucky of you if have money in your pockets to pay for the body shop.
DR is a place where you can be taken under arrest only because you looks suspicious and the worse is that you can remain more than 48 hours in a police station with no right to make a telephone call.
get use to live in a country where any authority can break your rights.

JJ