Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sosua Ahead

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sosua Ahead

The new Mayor, (alcantera) is doing some new things.
    You can't miss the roads being fixed, the trash being cleaned, the weeds and trees being chopped, the chicas being picked up, the street boys being fewer, the money changers going amiss, the corner food sellers gone. They're talking about closing off the street views of the discos. Closing them in, but not down.
    Did I mention the jogging path between El Batey Sosua and Charamicos, and the new lights about town?
    This woman has a vision.
    It will be an uphill battle.
    I salute her, thus far.
    Muy buena suerte Ilana.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tflea View Post
    You can't miss the roads being fixed, the trash being cleaned, the weeds and trees being chopped, the chicas being picked up, the street boys being fewer, the money changers going amiss, the corner food sellers gone. They're talking about closing off the street views of the discos. Closing them in, but not down.
    Did I mention the jogging path between El Batey Sosua and Charamicos, and the new lights about town?
    This woman has a vision.
    I salute her, thus far.
    Muy buena suerte Ilana.
    Excellent work and I agree, because if I want BBQ chicken I go to Charamicos which is only a hop skip and a jump from Sosua!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

This woman has a vision.
    I salute her, thus far.
    Muy buena suerte Ilana.
    Trash being picked - yes
    Weeds and trees - half and half with CDE
    Food sellers / There are less (At least tonight) Let's wait untill the weekend
    Chicas / Arrested everyone for a few days but tonight it looks like a go (Thank goodness)
    Money changers / Dunno
    Muy buena suerte Ilana / I agree

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Why should the discos be enclosed? People like to have a beer listen to music and look at good looking women in the beautiful weather of DR. If you dont like the music, the beers or the women stay inside your little gated in community and go play with yourself, Let the rest of us have some fun.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Conclusions

You've jumped to a lot of conclusions there.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

better to listen to one tune rather than three at the same time I always find

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't miss the roads being fixed, yes
    the trash being cleaned, yes
    the weeds and trees being chopped, yes
    the chicas being picked up, no
    the street boys being fewer, yes
    the money changers going amiss, yes
    the corner food sellers gone. no
    They're talking about closing off the street views of the discos. no

This woman has a vision.
    I salute her, thus far.
    Muy buena suerte Ilana.
    Just my two cents...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

i noticed the litter was twice as bad after they picked it all up and cut the grass around by the old carwash as you could now see everything thats dumped one day later - so its a losing battle unless they start doing free garbage collection

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The woman has only been in office since August and reportedly the financial coffers are bare, yet there are already signs that efforts are being made to improve the town.

She will be the mayor for 6 years and based on performance in the first days there is reason to believe that at the end of the term that Sosua is a better place.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by badpiece33 View Post
    Why should the discos be enclosed? People like to have a beer listen to music and look at good looking women in the beautiful weather of DR. If you dont like the music, the beers or the women stay inside your little gated in community and go play with yourself, Let the rest of us have some fun.
    Well said!

This area is no more than a couple of hundred yards!!! In trying to "fix" Sosua, make sure you do not destroy it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast