from Puerto Plata to Salcedo??

salcedo2010

Aug 11, 2010
can someone please tell me the fastest and best driving direction from playa dorada area in Puerto Plata to Salcedo?.....

The most direct route would be go east to Gaspar Hernandez and when you get to the big T intersection with the gas station/carwash make a right and that road will take you thru the mountains and you will come out in Tenares and from there its a short hop over to Salcedo, The only problem is I havent done this road in a few years so I am not sure of its condition today. I used to do it with a jeep and the road was bad in spots back then but definately passable.
The other route that I would suggest would be east past Caberette then make the right turn going to Jamao Norte. Continue thru the mountains till you come to a T intersection with a nativa gas station, make a left turn then continue on till you enter Moca go straight till you come up a hill with a jail on your left and another T intersection, make a left there and you keep going straight and you will be on your way to Salcedo.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
I drove the Jamao Norte route at the end of September and it had been repaved shortly before then. I have no idea about the part that splits off and goes toward Juan Lopez, bypassing Moca.

salcedo2010

Aug 11, 2010
thanks the jamao norte road sounds good...does anyone knows if a car GpS from a rented car works in DR?

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
The most direct route would be go east to Gaspar Hernandez and when you get to the big T intersection with the gas station/carwash make a right and that road will take you thru the mountains and you will come out in Tenares and from there its a short hop over to Salcedo, The only problem is I havent done this road in a few years so I am not sure of its condition today. I used to do it with a jeep and the road was bad in spots back then but definately passable.
The other route that I would suggest would be east past Caberette then make the right turn going to Jamao Norte. Continue thru the mountains till you come to a T intersection with a nativa gas station, make a left turn then continue on till you enter Moca go straight till you come up a hill with a jail on your left and another T intersection, make a left there and you keep going straight and you will be on your way to Salcedo.

I took the road from Tenares to Gaspar Hernandez about 2 years ago and it was really bad in places. I made it OK in my car but this was one time I would have wanted a jipeta.