Rio San Juan - day-care/ schooling and health care facilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

G&C

Aug 28, 2010
Dear Members,

I'm looking for up-to-date AND first hand information on two points please:

1. What are the day-care/ schooling options for a 1 year old & 3 year old close to Rio San Juan (i.e closer than Sosua)?
2. For anyone out there living close to RSJ, where do you go for medical/ dental treatment, both routine and emergency?

Thanks in advance

P.S. search results for this info shows replies back in 2007 for the schooling question and a mention of Centro Medico Cabarete (CMC) back in 2009 for the medical.

Massielg

Apr 30, 2008
www.casasdevacacionesrd.blogspot.com
For day care, usually people find a girl/woman who goes to their house to take care of the kids and also works as a maid, that could cost you around RD$4000 plus meals..
Personally I have found a great woman, but I am the one who take my child to her house. She is just great.
School option for a 3 years old:
Escuela Francesa de la Costa Verde (in french)
CDFL (French)
Colegio Me?ique (a dominican private school)
Colegio ABC
In cabrera (20 minutes from RSJ) there is the International School of Cabrera (I am not sure of the name)

For dental treatment: Walpe Campos is the best, he is in Centro de Cardiologia, which is where we go for emergencies. Routine medical apoinments, we go to POP or Santiago.

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
There is a fantastic preschool/kindergarten in Cabrera (20 min from RSJ) run by two American women, who are two of the best teachers I've ever met! It is called Puentes Centro Educativo. I believe the cater to children ages 3 to 5. They teach in English, but I think there is a bit of Spanish too, as they are both bilingual. They are so patient and fantastic with the kids! PM me for contact info if you'd like.

G&C

Aug 28, 2010
Thanks for the info Massielg and TravelHippo.

PM on it?s way to you TravelHippo for those details in Cabrera.

Status
Not open for further replies.