Dominicans in Raleigh, NC

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
BRASA in Brier Creek............
This Friday 11/11/10 from 10pm-2am
NO TE LO PIERDAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Triangle Fiesta - Latin Dance Parties in North Carolina

Also, first friday of every month in Chapel Hill, SPICE STREET...International Party
See the website for dress code, price, etc....
All Latin countries represented there, and even a few MORENAS FINAS like myself.
:)

SHALENA

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
BRASA in Brier Creek............
This Friday 11/11/10 from 10pm-2am
NO TE LO PIERDAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Triangle Fiesta - Latin Dance Parties in North Carolina

Also, first friday of every month in Chapel Hill, SPICE STREET...International Party
See the website for dress code, price, etc....
All Latin countries represented there, and even a few MORENAS FINAS like myself.
:)

SHALENA

Hi Shalena, just a clarification - 11/11 is Thursday. Wouldn't want someone to show up the wrong night!

AE

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I would like to go but I will be too tire as I'll be taking classes and a training that day to get the heavy duty forklift operator certification.

JJ

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
good luck with the classes JJ. wish i were closer so i could help but if you ever need something technical translated you know my mechanical skills suck..lol but i would certainly try to help. we would love to come friday also but are leaving next thursday(eight days;) )for the DR. keep us posted though guys, we would love to come up and dance, ben

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I would like to go but I will be too tire as I'll be taking classes and a training that day to get the heavy duty forklift operator certification.

JJ
That's OK..Kallista night is every 2nd Friday of the month
International Party is every 1st Frisay of the month but in Chapel Hill at Spice Street
and Latin Thursdays are every Thursday at Red Room here in Raleigh...
I used to go alot before I moved to Santiago, but never VIP (couldn't afford it) but I was just the nurse for the owner and his wife, they just had their second son so I'm back in...VIP!!!
It's very nice, not low class like Ambi's with a bunch of cueros and drunks. Hopefully, I'll see you soon

good luck with the classes JJ. wish i were closer so i could help but if you ever need something technical translated you know my mechanical skills suck..lol but i would certainly try to help. we would love to come friday also but are leaving next thursday(eight days;) )for the DR. keep us posted though guys, we would love to come up and dance, ben

Make sure you come when you get back!

SHALENA

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Good to know you and Felicia are visiting DR one more time, enjoy your trip and stay safe. Let me know if you'll have time to come to visit me during your airline transfer at RDU I can go and pick you up for a good sancocho as I live twenty minutes away from the airport only.

Everything was fine today I already got the heavy duty forklift operator certification.

JJ

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Red Room - NEXT WEDNESDAY
Hey,

Next Thursday is Thanks Giving. We decided to move the Red Room party to Wednesday like we do every year.

And to thank you all for your support we are making the event for FREE!

(under 21 pay $5)

Its mostly Salsa, Merengue, Bachata early in the night and then we transition into more Latin Rock, Reggaeton, and Hip-Hop after midnight.

Come later (after midnight) for the more mainstream (International, hip-hop, etc. mixed in - not just Latin) music and dancing.

? Price Sangrias all night !!

Details:

--This Thursday
--$5 entry fee
--$10 for anyone under 21
--Beginners Latin dance lessons 9:00-10:00pm
--open dancing afterwards until 2am: Salsa,
Merengue, Bachata, Reggaeton

-Red Room Restaurant 510 Glenwood Ave. Raleigh, NC 27603

SHALENA

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Red Room - NEXT WEDNESDAY
Hey,

Next Thursday is Thanks Giving. We decided to move the Red Room party to Wednesday like we do every year.

And to thank you all for your support we are making the event for FREE!

(under 21 pay $5)

Its mostly Salsa, Merengue, Bachata early in the night and then we transition into more Latin Rock, Reggaeton, and Hip-Hop after midnight.

Come later (after midnight) for the more mainstream (International, hip-hop, etc. mixed in - not just Latin) music and dancing.

? Price Sangrias all night !!

Details:

--This Thursday
--$5 entry fee
--$10 for anyone under 21
--Beginners Latin dance lessons 9:00-10:00pm
--open dancing afterwards until 2am: Salsa,
Merengue, Bachata, Reggaeton

-Red Room Restaurant 510 Glenwood Ave. Raleigh, NC 27603

SHALENA

Shalena, you won't believe it but in three years here in Raleigh I've never been in a bar.
We socialize only with other families, we invite/ visit for cookouts...

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
You are wellcome

Friday Dominican families reunion. If here in Raleigh reading this forum you are welcome for this event.
Sancocho Dominicano at JJ's house... 7 pm.
GEDC0876.jpg

I'm ready to start cooking.

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Dag, I just saw this and it's 9:30pm! I missed it!

SHALENA
Next time I'll send you a pm two or three days in advance to make sure you have enough time to come and join us, next meeting will be at our Dominican friends Pedro and Angy house, they'll love to meet you and your kids.

Keep in touch.

JJ

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Next time I'll send you a pm two or three days in advance to make sure you have enough time to come and join us, next meeting will be at our Dominican friends Pedro and Angy house, they'll love to meet you and your kids.

Keep in touch.

JJ

Sounds great, we would love to go!

SHALENA

baby bori

May 18, 2010
Dominicans in North Carolina do they eat grits, collard greens, mac and cheese, and cornbread??? What's for dessert pecan pie?? Can Dominicans really try to acculturate and assimilate in the USA adopting to US culture, customs, and tradition??? Anyone with a picture or pictures of a Dominican family sharing a traditional USA Thanksgiving Day Dinner it would be priceless!!!!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Dominicans in North Carolina do they eat grits, collard greens, mac and cheese, and cornbread??? What's for dessert pecan pie?? Can Dominicans really try to acculturate and assimilate in the USA adopting to US culture, customs, and tradition??? Anyone with a picture or pictures of a Dominican family sharing a traditional USA Thanksgiving Day Dinner it would be priceless!!!!

Why would that shock you? Most ethnic groups in the US celebrate Thanksgiving with a Turkey and all the trimmings - why would Dominicans be any different? Some Italians add a lasagna to the meal, some Dominicans may add majarete to the dessert table - but it's still Thanksgiving!

My husband's hands-down favorite dessert is Pecan Pie and he loves cornbread. Is that weird to you?

AE

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
In our total Dominican except me household, We had Turkey, potato salad, corn, cranberries, pumpkin pie, gravy. Since when is mac and cheese a traditional dish in any country - that's what welfare mothers feed their children or teenagers that don't know how to cook.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Why would that shock you? Most ethnic groups in the US celebrate Thanksgiving with a Turkey and all the trimmings - why would Dominicans be any different? Some Italians add a lasagna to the meal, some Dominicans may add majarete to the dessert table - but it's still Thanksgiving!

My husband's hands-down favorite dessert is Pecan Pie and he loves cornbread. Is that weird to you?

AE

We had matzo ball soup before the Caesar salad, and NY Style cheesecake & baklava for desert right next to the pumkin pie, oh I almost forgot the chestnut and sausage stuffing with the turkey...pretty odd to mix different ethnic cuisines ain't it?

I would ignore Baby's question, it has the aroma of bait.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Yes we celebrate thanks giving day fallowing the American customs, usually my wife stop by Honey baked ham on Six forks road to get one of those Delicious baked hams and a delicious turkey.
But on daily basis I cook Arros,habichuela y carne = Dominican flag.
I love American food when we go out to eat.
JJ

Reactions: Tamborista