Aguas Termales

DRBounce

Sep 23, 2010
Does DR have "aguas termales". In Colombia, there was a place that you can go and enjoy a pool that was freezing cold on one side, and burning hot on the other side. It was connected to a hotel and it was super cheap. Is this kind of thing found?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

DRBounce

Sep 23, 2010
Sounds very different than the one I went to in Colombia. I will pass. Thanks alot for the link though.

smoky

Jul 6, 2005
Yes, in Canoa. Just before Barahona, comming from capital.
An italian hotelcompany planned 2 hotels over there.
1st and only Thermeal-Hotel in the Caribbean.
After singning contracts and making first payments the normal RD show starts.
coruption all over.
The southwest is a beautiful part in the DR
(Laguna Oviedo and Bahia de Las Aguilas is a must see. If interested in nature, go to Hoyo Pelempito and Cachote (own 4x4 needed), because excursions are rare to get.
But skip Barahona on your tour!!!
Beside coruption you have drugs and robbery, killings...
Don"t say I am a pessimist!
Just go to
Almomento.net :: Periodico Digital Dominicano
left side you see a direct link for Barahona.
And you see what Teudy Sanchez (well known journalist) have to report.
Or go to the blogspot from Hector Cuello. You will see what he have to report about his lovely hometown. He also put videodocus on youtube.
If you see waist water in the street .wellcome to Barahona.
The paradise down there starts from a small village, named PARAISO
Everything before: just accelerate!

DRBounce

Sep 23, 2010
In the area known as Risaralda in Colombia there were like 2-3 thermal water hotel spots not too far from each other. I'm sure that in Japan I can get into a nice natural onsen, but for the price and the quality, the thermal waters in Colombia are hard to beat.

Also, as per the reports of some of the other DR1 folk, I am not really attracted to the DR's thermal waters set-up. Thanks for the info. though.